Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally bit the bullet and ordered a FS-2500 bypass oil filter kit today. I plan on keeping my 1995 F250 PSD forever, so I thought it would be a good investment. Looking forward to getting it early next week. I have about 2K miles on my last oil change, so it'll sit on the shelf for awhile before it gets installed.

Does anyone else have one on their truck(s)??

·
Registered
323 Posts
I've had one for about 6 years now. Glad I've had it on my truck. My HPOP blew up three weeks ago and the filter caught all of the small pieces of brass that made there way into the oil.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
323 Posts
The pure power filter is cleanable so you can see what's going on with your oil. Plus it has a pretty low micron rating.

·
Registered
2,052 Posts
It may be. But even if you use the ELF 7405 which is a 2 quart and 15 micron (one of if the the best 7.3 filter available), it will take 125,000 miles at 5k mile change to pencil out buying that thing.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
To each, his own...... I like the thing! Compared to some of the crap people hang on their trucks that don't "do" anything, it's peanuts! LOL

·
Registered
11,152 Posts
Please tell me you'll at least get oil analyses done before running the oil for a long time.

·
Registered
2,052 Posts
On those oil kits I am not really even sure if its worth it. I don't believe a filter prevents oil shearing which is where the problems with HEUI and oil come from.

·
Registered
11,152 Posts
Filters just keep dirt and such out of the oil. Can't re-merge or un-shear oil molecules.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Please tell me you'll at least get oil analyses done before running the oil for a long time.
Yep, already doing that, and, my goal for the bypass filter is not to extend my oil change interval. It's to really clean the oil. Only time will tell what real benefit it provides. I think it's worth a shot.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
It was time for an oil change so I got the FS-2500 installed last night. VERY simple installation on these OBS Powerstrokes! Took an oil sample before the change to send off, also. We'll see how it goes, and look forward to the next several reports.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts