Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need some advice from the powerstroke experts :D. I am pretty sure my FICM is headed downhill. I have the Scan Gauge 2 and when cold the voltage is varying from the high 20s to mid 30s :doh:. Once it gets up to operating temperature the voltage stays around 47-48 but still drops to the low 40s every so often. The batteries are less than a year old and both have tested good. It's been getting harder to start and takes a couple minutes to warm up before I can even try to go anywhere.

I don't have the time, skill or patience to tackle the DIY repair so I am looking at other repair options. So far the three I am considering are FICM Repair.com, Swamps and Bullet Proof Diesel. Anybody have any suggestions on the three? From what I've read, the pricey BPD unit truly fixes the problem where the other two only repair the common failure points? I also noticed that they only offer one style and I'm not sure if mine would even be compatible. I'm leaning toward Ed at FICM Repair just based off of the amount of positive feedback on all the forums.

While it's being repaired I plan on getting it tuned with either the Eco or the Atlas 40. Any suggestions on that?

One last thing, after getting the FICM repaired I'm planning on getting the Rev-X fuel and oil additives just to cover all the bases. Any thoughts or suggestions would be appreciated!

·
Registered
4,222 Posts
You pretty much have it covered. I don't think you can go wong with ED, I have ony seen one post of negative feedback in over 300 posts and even then Ed made it good.

All Ficm's are the same for the 6.0 just some minor calibration differences and Ed will calibrate to the latest for your truck. As for the tuneing I leave that for the tune guys to direct you.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sent my FICM off to Ed yesterday. Went with the two year premium service and the Atlas 40 tune. Now I'm going to be like a kid waiting for Christmas morning to come :D.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts