Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anybody been using opti lube xpd in your 7.3 ? I just read that it provides the best lubrication for the ulsd fuel. I was just wondering if it is worth the extra money. Has anyone actually seen any benefits of fuel milage or anything else over power service or howes lubrication? I've been using howes lubrication, prior to that I was using power service.

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
Ive been running it. Almost a gone through a gallon of it. Ive noticed nothing, it may be helping internally but nothing noticeable in quiteness, mpgs, etc. Ive also ran Howes and Stanadyne Performance. Noticed no difference in any of them. Im starting to think these additives are inda a bunch of hoopla. Im gonna start running 2 stroke and see what happens with that. Its cheap, can get it right down the road, and ive read alot of good things about it, we'll see though

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Has anyone seen this? Makes ya wonder if there is any truth in any of the additives. I just replaced my injectors though. they said it was dirty oil that made them go bad. I'm wondering though if the people who owned the truck before me never ran any additives and the ulsd ruined them? I'm kind of leery of puting 2 stroke oil in my fuel but some of these additives are pricey.

http://www.johnfjensen.com/Diesel_fuel_additive_test.pdf

1 - 3 of 3 Posts