Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am looking into a 05 f350 4x4 6.0 harley package with 9,200. it is a 'reaquired vechicle'. the history shows the following:
-replaced misaligned door moldings
-reprogramed pcm...engine was stalling
-replaced frt. crankshaft seal...oil leak
-replaced belt...noisey
-replaced tie down bolts...they broke
-engine assy?...was running rough cold
-replaced hub caps... flaw in material
-performed recall for coolant label install and adjust
-exhaust pressure sensor replacement diag. syst. and eng. cont. mod.
-resealed windshield...water leak
-replaced engine block heater...was popping cirt.
-replaced windshield
-ecc processor recall
-processor assy...again
sorry so long. they are asking $25,000 w/ a 1yr. 12,000 warr. am i a fool? i drove it home for the night and got 23 on the hgwy. thanks for any replies!

·
International Threat
13,087 Posts
Sounds awesome for the mileage!!!! Don't see anything that sticks out as alarming.

Your motor has 100k mile/5 year warranty on the motor though... so don't worry about that.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks man, i'm trying to figure out whether it's worth getting rid of my f150. i on occasion pull a 22ft boat which is too much for the 150.

·
Registered
660 Posts
I realize the economy is in rough shape but $25K for that truck with under 10,000 miles seems pretty cheap.....................

·
International Threat
13,087 Posts
I think it's a steal for that ammount of miles!

·
Rebel
657 Posts
That's is a Steal not a deal.. Hell i would buy it for that.. Good luck bro.. :thumb:

·
Registered
418 Posts
harley edition with 9200 miles. 25000

where is it.... Ill buy it.... lol

sounds good 05 is when alot of the 6.0 bugs got ironed out and harleys are just well... how do I put it.... sex on wheels.

was it in a accident?

·
Super Moderator
31,730 Posts
Id buy it but look into it a little deeper. Make sure the engine warranty is still valid

·
Premium Member
4,129 Posts
I wouldnt call it a steal. These diesels arent doing very well at the auctions. I would still buy it. I love those trucks.

·
Rebel
657 Posts
I wouldnt call it a steal. These diesels arent doing very well at the auctions. I would still buy it. I love those trucks.

For that kinda mileage at a auction that truck would still bring over 20k here where i am.. I am at car and truck auctions everyday :( Not because i want to be but bring in repo's everyday.. :nod:

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
you guys are awesome, thanks for the feedback. i'm checking further into tomorrow about whether the title will be clean considering it is a 'rav'. the warrenties all remain, or at least what is left of them, with the additional 1yr. 12,000 bumper 2 bumper. hey, and i thought you all were exagerating on the ride. i only gave it a tap and my back was against the seat! the computer says i am getting 16 mpg's around town which i'm liking. goodbye f150.

·
Rebel
657 Posts
you guys are awesome, thanks for the feedback. i'm checking further into tomorrow about whether the title will be clean considering it is a 'rav'. the warrenties all remain, or at least what is left of them, with the additional 1yr. 12,000 bumper 2 bumper. hey, and i thought you all were exagerating on the ride. i only gave it a tap and my back was against the seat! the computer says i am getting 16 mpg's around town which i'm liking. goodbye f150.
I don't think your getting hurt at all. And when you get it you better post some pics.. :banging:

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
yes bye bye f150 ......hello big dog

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
thanks again all, so now can someone supress my fears of big diesels and the maintanance of them? i commute in a little vw diesel (42 mpg's!) but it is virually maint. free. what can i expect with the 6.0? i realize oil changes, brakes, ect. will be pricier but what else can a novice like me expect in out of the pocket expenses?
one other fear... i will not be putting huge miles on this truck. can that be bad for a diesel? two hour ride up to michigan is about it for me.

·
Premium Member
11,966 Posts
I have a hard time believing you are getting that kind of fuel mileage from an 05 Harley. Mine averages less that 14 mpg. I would buy the one you're looking at in a minute though. I paid more than that for mine with 50k on it 3 months ago.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
i am a skeptic and mpg's was the biggest issue for me. it is pretty flat around here and i was taking it easy at 65ish mph. up around 80 it settled in at exactly 19.0 mpg's. i'm making an offer tomorrow and hope they throw in the 7yr. 200,000 mi. warr. man, i already love that truck. my wife and i already had our first fight over it!!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
i should have kept to myself instead of asking around. turns out the truck was bought by 'someone off the internet'. thank's to whichever one of you took it out from under my nose. oh well, i'm the chump this time.

·
Registered
418 Posts
oh man sorry to hear...

I found a good deal on a 6.0 and it to was taken from under my nose. I know your pain.
:(

1 - 20 of 22 Posts