Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am considering an Edge Insight CTS and was just wondering what anyone who has one thinks about it. Is it accurate, meaning just as good as analog gauges ? Is the only wire for installation the obd port or is there another power wire? What are the pros and cons. I already have a tuner and the deletes just thought would use this for monitoring instead of wiring and mounting seperate gauges. Thanks for all your help.

·
Registered
168 Posts
I have a CTS in my 6.0 and it's been great. I haven't had any other way to measure temps but from what I had read before buying it is that it is accurate. It only plugs in to the OBD port and you can add all of the accessories (backup camera, pyro, and other sensors). I haven't found any cons myself other than I wish it had come with a dash mount instead of the suction cup windshield mount.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the info will probably b getting one here in the near future.

·
Registered
168 Posts
I'll be selling mine when I get home from Afghanistan in the latter part of next month. Getting a 6.4 and switching to a mini maxx.

·
Registered
152 Posts
I've got one as well! Nothing but good things to say about it. You also won't need to add a pyro for the 6.4, it will read that from the OBDII port.

I monitor 7 things at once.

·
Registered
215 Posts
I have a CTS in my 6.0 and it's been great. I haven't had any other way to measure temps but from what I had read before buying it is that it is accurate. It only plugs in to the OBD port and you can add all of the accessories (backup camera, pyro, and other sensors). I haven't found any cons myself other than I wish it had come with a dash mount instead of the suction cup windshield mount.
+1. 6.4s dont need the pyro either.

I bought mine from PTP and it came with a dash mount. I have the tan leather with wood grain and the dash mount matches the dash almost perfectly. It fits perfectly above the left vent just under the "old man" handle. I ran the OBDII cord in between the dash and the door frame so you cant even tell its there.

As for monitoring you can pick up almost anything you wanted to know. Very good for towing.

·
Registered
95 Posts
I love my Edge CTS. With a 6.4, all you need is already monitored by the onboard computer. It's plug and play into the obdll port. Now that I have one, wouldn't tow heavy without one again. Unless it wasn't my truck!:D Here is a pic of mine installed.

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
How many different parameters can you monitor at 1 time with the cts? Does it have the same parameters available as the h&s plus some extras? If I was to use one would I be able to still shift power levels on the fly or would I have to re-connect the h&s to do that part?

·
Registered
4,609 Posts
How many different parameters can you monitor at 1 time with the cts? Does it have the same parameters available as the h&s plus some extras? If I was to use one would I be able to still shift power levels on the fly or would I have to re-connect the h&s to do that part?
To switch power levels on the fly you would have to re-connect the h&s. If you used the sct it would strictly be for monitoring :thumb:

·
Registered
215 Posts
I believe you can monitor up to 8 at one time.

As far as shift-on-the-fly, you would have to reconnect your mini maxx.

I have an XRT Pro therefore I definitely use the CTS for monitoring.

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
Thanks for the info 08hdfatboy and nlcougar:drinking3:

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
Oh I was just curious about the monitoring capabilities.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yep I also have the xrt pro thats why i need the cts for monitoring. If I would have just bought the mini in the first place i wouldnt b in this predicament now. I guess live n learn. Thanks for all ya'lls input.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts