Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I finally installed my 5" straight pipe on my truck last night, and I was just wondering wat u guys think of this engine straight piped?? Do y'all like it? To me it kinda sounds like a dumped 6.0 vortech Chevy gasser! Do y'all think a 4" might sound better ??? I'm just not sure I like it ,,like I liked the ol 6.0

·
Registered
445 Posts
Mine is stock. or at least till i get a few more miles on it.
However Ive listened to others. I do like the sound of the 5" strait pipe......AT IDLE
Full throttle I think it sounds like a gasser and everytime I hear that sound i think of a chick driving a half ton gasser!!!!!! So NO i dont like it

·
Premium Member
1,790 Posts
You guys are clowns without musical taste. 5" straight pipe is straight music. Crazy turbo noises and all.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
48 Posts
the 4" sounds athe same so there be no point in changing i have had both, get an intake and will sound better cause turbo whistle, peronally i love it

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Mine is stock. or at least till i get a few more miles on it.
However Ive listened to others. I do like the sound of the 5" strait pipe......AT IDLE
Full throttle I think it sounds like a gasser and everytime I hear that sound i think of a chick driving a half ton gasser!!!!!! So NO i dont like it
Thats exactly wat im thinking... I did order a s&b cai with the package so i hope itll help out the sound a bit more

·
Registered
675 Posts
I like the lack of sound mine makes. One of the reasons that I am reluctant to delete is because I don't want the noise.

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
I love the way it sounds. I was behind a friend and it sounded soooo good. I will trade ya the sound my 6.4 makes. a whole lot of nothing then whoooooosh when you let off lol, at least you guys have a little turbo whistle.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts