Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Aluminum stacks. Whats ya'lls opinion. It's only going to be the stacks the rest of the pipe would be either stainless or aluminized steel. I'm not really wanting a lot of shine on this truck like you get with chrome but on the same token I don't want them to just blend in as evening falls or being hard to see with whatever is in the background. I'm thinking of going with a brushed or satin finish something just enough to get noticed. Straight cut with raincaps just because I don't see a lot of those kind of pipes.

·
Registered
342 Posts
different for sure, should look nice.

·
Registered
517 Posts
You can get stainless in a brushed or satin finish too. Aluminum will oxidize over time. If you find polished stainless just use a DA sander on it and it will give you a much duller brushed look and the finished look will last much longer than aluminum.

·
Banned
0 Posts
Aluminum is not going to be nice to deal with in time. Go with a brushed stainless steel. It will have the satin look you are wanting and will stay the same for many years to come.

·
International Threat
13,087 Posts
+1 on stay away from aluminized for the parts of the exhaust that will be seen by others :thumb:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts