Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
mods are in sig, my 38r with 1.00 housing is to small cause i cant clear all the smoke and these sticks are just to big for it anways. i dont think a 1.15 housing will do the good im looking for either unless someone has some imput on that. i know there is k31? modded h2e seems to be everyones choice i guess. just some imput or something. got the money to spend on something good but dont wanna do it twice.

·
Registered
4,057 Posts
80mm :woot: lol lag on that would be terrible. Just put another turbo on. :D

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
anyone else? and where did u get 80mm turbo from?

·
Registered
411 Posts
I have the same injectors that you have..

I went with a Garrett GT4294 turbo. I absolutely love it.. Spools very close to my 38R on the bottom end, but way more up top!

I have hit 55 psi so far, but haven't had it in my hottest tune. I also recently dyno'ed 561 HP..

The GT4294 is a 70.3 mm on the intake side and 94mm on the exhaust side just FYI. I know of about 5 others who also run this turbo and love it as well.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
are u running the 1.15 housing on it?

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
u run water or nos with it? my 38r cant put enough air to keep it cool and just wonderin if this turbo with that housing keeps ur egt's tolerable. i can peg 1600 before 55-60.

·
Registered
411 Posts
u run water or nos with it? my 38r cant put enough air to keep it cool and just wonderin if this turbo with that housing keeps ur egt's tolerable. i can peg 1600 before 55-60.
No water or NOS on mine. Running unloaded my EGT's haven't been a problem. I have only seen about 1000-1100* so far, but I also have not towed with it yet either.

Learning to drive a truck with a big single turbo takes some getting used to as well as a tuner who knows how to tune for them (which Matt does of course).

1 - 11 of 11 Posts