Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

41 - 60 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
799 Posts
all my buddies run the HD300 and when i dynoed next to two of them i got way higher HP numbers but not quite as much tq. i find my truck ran the best with the 250 tune and in a race my truck can keep up with an HD300 tuned truck!

·
Registered
116 Posts
Really that's surprising how many Kms to a tank do you get

·
Registered
116 Posts
Wow lol I get 850 but I got long box so I got a bigger tank I think 140 liters filled to the top

·
Registered
116 Posts
anyone know anyone that wants a 2008 ford f250 king ranch? i got one for sale only 102 000 kms on it

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hey guys, new to this forum with my 2002 E350 7.3L PSD. Long time diesel guy, daily driver is a '04 Jetta TDI and a regular on TDiClub.com

Where do you guys usually get your oil and filters from? Is it worth going to an International dealer to buy some of the stuff. Thanks for your help!

·
Once you go black......
2,514 Posts
Hey guys, new to this forum with my 2002 E350 7.3L PSD. Long time diesel guy, daily driver is a '04 Jetta TDI and a regular on TDiClub.com

Where do you guys usually get your oil and filters from? Is it worth going to an International dealer to buy some of the stuff. Thanks for your help!
Welcome! I just bought an '02 Jetta as my daily driver (135k), I'm on that forum too.
I try to buy bulk in the US for my Synthetic oil, and I get my Filters from a Ford dealer (trade rate)

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
318 Posts
Hey and welcome! I actually switched to Fram filters, I don't have the part number on hand but they are 14$ a piece at Walmart. I cut my first one open and everything appears similar to the motor craft. I have been using the motomaster 10w30 diesel oil in the truck. It'ssold at Canadian tire. A 5 litre juh is 20.99 regular price and 17.99 on sale. It's about the cheapest price have found for 10w30 that meets all the proper specifications. I know everyone seems to swear by rotella or full synthetic but I'm too nervous to rin15w40 in the winter and synthetic is ridiculously priced in Ontario.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hey and welcome! I actually switched to Fram filters, I don't have the part number on hand but they are 14$ a piece at Walmart. I cut my first one open and everything appears similar to the motor craft. I have been using the motomaster 10w30 diesel oil in the truck. It'ssold at Canadian tire. A 5 litre juh is 20.99 regular price and 17.99 on sale. It's about the cheapest price have found for 10w30 that meets all the proper specifications. I know everyone seems to swear by rotella or full synthetic but I'm too nervous to rin15w40 in the winter and synthetic is ridiculously priced in Ontario.
I got 10w-30 Rotella for 22.17 5 litre jug from a international truck dealer in Markham. Truck so far runs like a dream, but I noticed I have a small leak from my oil pan. Are these 7.3L known to leak from the oil pan.

·
Registered
318 Posts
I got 10w-30 Rotella for 22.17 5 litre jug from a international truck dealer in Markham. Truck so far runs like a dream, but I noticed I have a small leak from my oil pan. Are these 7.3L known to leak from the oil pan.
From what I can recall pan leaks are not considered common on these motors, saying that doesn't mean it can't happen though. It is common however to have a leak higher up on the block or heads leak down and appear to be the pan. I know the oil dipstick filler neck is common, mine has a slow peak at the tube where it meats the oil pan and drips down the pan. I've heard of valve covers and the plug in the head leaking and running down to appear as a pan leak. I would verify the leak before pulling the trigger on major repairs. A pan gasket involves lifting or pulling the motor I believe. My turbo pedestal leaked before I fixed it and ran down the transmission bell housing and if I can remember was on the pan too. Good luck, and that sounds like a good price on rotella 10w30,I have no idea why no major retailers stock it with our climate.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Hey ho i found yall, 2006 F-250 6.0L RCLB

·
Glow Plugs Only
1,377 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
THat i forgot to say, Ontario Listowel Area

·
Registered
158 Posts
Welcome Canadian Farm Boy! Not very many local people on here.

·
Premium Member
1,682 Posts
London, currently.

Bit nomadic. Lived all over.

·
Registered
12 Posts
2003 F350 FX4 6.0, Windsor Ontario here.. hpop issues currently least i think.. any local powerstroke doctors in the area?? lol

·
Registered
316 Posts
41 - 60 of 69 Posts