Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Raging Lunatic
8,803 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I guess it was only a matter of time, I noticed about 4000 miles ago when my engine was cold little puffs of blue/white smoke before SCT. Now at startup and after idle at say stop lights etc. more frequent puffs. Am I correct in assuming it's the EGR cooler? Of course I only have 275 miles left on my 36000 mile warranty. :doh:

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
Your engine warranty should be 5yr/100k mile... Not sure on the issue, I have heard re-flashes fixing problems like that.

·
Raging Lunatic
8,803 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My warranty is 5yr/100k correct, just had some other non drivetrain issues. So maybe all I need is a reflash, I ran an Oasis and it has only been in for airbag light (no reflashes?). It was a demo with 1900 miles.

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
The reflash was for cold hard starts, and white smoke, so it should fixyou up, and the warranty is 5 years 100,000 miles on the motor

·
Premium Member
9,390 Posts
thats awful low miles to have a egr cooler go out but it is possible, i do agree with the reprogram needing to be done, when they reprogram it , they should pull codes , ask them to pull codes before reprogamming just to see if there is a egr valve problem , a sticky egr valve can also give similar symptom

·
Registered
119 Posts
Dont hope not, its free for you and very easy to do. Egr valve take about 10 minutes to replace. I just hope they dont ***** about your mods voiding your warranty.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have 65k on my truck and it is about to go in to have the EGR cooler changed. It is completely covered under 100k mile warranty too.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts