Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

61 - 65 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
588 Posts
The only places I know of around here that treat customers right when it comes to rentals are Cadillac, Lexus, BMW, Mercedes and Acura. Basically the luxury guys. Used to take my $60k Corvette in and get an Impalla. Took my Dodge Ram in and got nothing. Wife takes the H3 in and gets an HHR almost every time....

·
Registered
17 Posts
The spring in your steering coloum would be your "clock spring" and if it is broke or harmed in any way will through a air bag light, and i believe your horn will not work. The wires from the airbag electrical system connect through the base of the clock spring's electrical connector to the end of the conductive ribbon. The other end of the ribbon is attached through the wires on the top of the clock spring's electrical connector to the air bag unit. As the steering wheel revolves, the conductive ribbon coils and uncoils allowing electrical contact between the electrical systems. so there so that is more in likely why your airbag light is on.

Why the clock spring is broke? bad part, i would assume because i have only seen brokin clock springs on high millage vehicles due to ware and tear

Thats just my 2cents hope it was helpful

·
Registered
4 Posts
The only places I know of around here that treat customers right when it comes to rentals are Cadillac, Lexus, BMW, Mercedes and Acura. Basically the luxury guys. Used to take my $60k Corvette in and get an Impalla. Took my Dodge Ram in and got nothing. Wife takes the H3 in and gets an HHR almost every time....
It is all in the dealer. I sold my '05 SD and took it to my dealer for a direct sale(saves sales tax). My '11 SD was enroute, they gave me a '11 SD, diesel with a sticker over $60K for 6 days.:)

·
Don't you worry about it
8,335 Posts
PGreenSVT seems to be somewhat of a prick from some things I've seen. I hope that was grammatically correct.

61 - 65 of 65 Posts