Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got my new 2011 F-450 on monday it had 7 miles when i test drove it loved it after all the paperwork finally get to go home on my way home the air bag light comes on and all the controls on the steering wheel dont work turn right around go back to the dealer service the problem is some steering spring 3 hours later your good to go mr.holsbo cool go home to show off my baby.friday morning taking my son and daughter to school pull out of the driveway air bag light comes on something falls out of steering column just great back to my dealer takes them 2 hours to tell me steering spring failed and they are tring to find the part it wont be in until next monday i said get it from the place you got from the first time it broke 3 days ago.so i got this little piece of crap japanese rental car does anybody know if i can just ask for a new truck or what?

·
RIP Mitch ! We miss you
11,966 Posts
If you expect people to read your posts and answer them you might want to write like an adult and use punctuation, capitalization, etc. That crap is just too big a pain to decipher.

That aside, No. You issue doesn't meet the criteria for the Lemon law.

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
Honestly, is an airbag light that big of a deal to complain about? If you were in a crash with that rig you'd survive without the bags assistance. But i can't imagine what spring would be attached to the airbag system in the steering wheel, unless they are unrelated an it just happened to unplug the bag and wheel controls.

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
If you expect people to read your posts and answer them you might want to write like an adult and use punctuation, capitalization, etc. That crap is just too big a pain to decipher.

That aside, No. You issue doesn't meet the criteria for the Lemon law.
Funny you criticize him, perhaps you should read your own first lol

·
Registered
612 Posts
Anger and frustration affect communication, I would be extremely upset, all I can say is... once fixed right, you will love it. Mine had a vacumn pump that would rattle. I jokingly asked them if it was the F-350 rattle, because the F-250 did not rattle. They changed out the vacumn pump, rattle remained. Conclusion, not having a vacumn brake system the system did not have a container that held vacumn...so F-350's would have a minor vacumn pump noise...slightly off post, point is these trucks are new, they have no history of certain parts failing, hence no stock. At this point, patience will pay off... these trucks are awesome, you won't be disappointed. 8,000 + miles, other than the vacumn pump education... no hint of problems...:thumb:

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
By law you have three days to tell them money back I do not want this !
Am I wrong ?

·
Registered
472 Posts
I'm a little scared to post in this thread. Better make sure all my T's are dotted and I's are crossed. :hehe:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
If you aren't living on the edge your takin' up to much space. come on dude get original,didnt we hear that in some 80s movie.sorry about the punctuation goose,mavrick or whoever you are you were a real big help.Thanks to the other guys who were a real big help.

·
Banned
1,077 Posts
hey

if i jus payed 50 large fer somthin and springs and [email protected]# start poppin out id be pissed to and i didnt make past the 5th grade so al them dots and slashs make no more sense to me than why a brand new vehicle wud be flyin apart burn your truck and get a 7.3 that dot between them numbers ther is the only dot i understand

·
Registered
2,343 Posts
Work out a deal of having them fix it and get a few oil changes for the hassle. :thumb:

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
Honestly, is an airbag light that big of a deal to complain about? If you were in a crash with that rig you'd survive without the bags assistance. But i can't imagine what spring would be attached to the airbag system in the steering wheel, unless they are unrelated an it just happened to unplug the bag and wheel controls.
This guy just spent more for his 2011 than I did for my first home. I think it's a big friggen (BTW, I know friggen aint a word) deal. And to top it off it's a saftey issue. People die in semi crashes every day. You can get hurt in these trucks. Driver & passenger side air bags are wonderful devices & have saved many lives.

By law you have three days to tell them money back I do not want this !
Am I wrong ?
I think you're right, it's called "Right to Resend"

I'm a little scared to post in this thread. Better make sure all my T's are dotted and I's are crossed. :hehe:
:hehe::hehe::hehe:

If you aren't living on the edge your takin' up to much space. come on dude get original,didnt we hear that in some 80s movie.sorry about the punctuation goose,mavrick or whoever you are you were a real big help.Thanks to the other guys who were a real big help.
:hehe: Sorry about the problems dude. Just having to go back to the dealership twice already for ANY reason is enough to make you sick. I think Richc22a said it pretty well. Hang in there, document everything, might even get a case number started. There is an 800# in your warantee manual for issues just like this.
Good luck Sir.

Oh, and Harley1Rocker, :hehe: If I EVER get to Alafreakinbama I am going to look you up. What a stud!! I can turn this thing off now lol.

·
Registered
168 Posts
so i got this little piece of crap japanese rental car
The Ford dealer gave you a Japanese car? They should have given you another Super Duty. Can't use a car to do what you can do in a truck. If you had to take a car, I wouldn't have left with anything less than a 2011 Stang GT.

·
RIP Mitch ! We miss you
11,966 Posts
If you guys had trouble reading my post, sorry about that. No spaces and no capitals makes reading tough. There's a difference between that and a typo. If you guys prefer reading one long continuous stream of words I'll leave you to have at it. Enjoy.:thumb:

·
Registered
569 Posts
That same bug has bitten me before.....................
haha!... lmao.. for real.. grab a manpon, come back, and help this guy out. that's what this forum is about anyway. I'm sure you'd be upset to if you bought a brand new $56k truck and wanted o show it off but couldn't cause it stays stays the dealership.. i'm sure he didn't plan on ever having to take it back exept for an oil change..

·
Mod Newbie
11,881 Posts
Probably talking about the "Clock Spring", not a literal spring. It provides the electrical connection so the air bag will work.

1 - 20 of 65 Posts