Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Were there any differences in the lug pattern or brake rotor/caliper difference when ford switched from leafs to coils in the front? I'm asking because I am planning on picking up some wheels and tires off someone with an '04 stroke, and mine's an '05

Thanks

·
Premium Member
8,231 Posts
IIRC, they changed the offset in one of those years. I'm wanting to say 05. Hopefully someone that knows for sure will chime in...(The change was very minimal in the offset but the bolt pattern is the same and I'm pretty sure they'll work.)

·
Registered
275 Posts
Im not 100% sure but i think the newer trucks have an 1" more of backspacing. But then i may be totally wrong.

·
Premium Member
8,231 Posts
I think it's a little over a half inch difference. Most wheels are +10 offset and others are +25 offset. 1 inch = 25.4 millimeters.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The wheels I was going to buy are 16x10 Unique series 298's. What I've read is telling me that these will not fit because they have no backspacing whatsoever. Am I right?

·
Banned
3,445 Posts
There is no way they'll fit....

They WILL NOT CLEAR THE BRAKE CALIPERS on your 05....

I covered that also in the link I posted earlier.

00-04s came with 16s (unless it was a Harley Edition, they had 18s)...they don't clear the calipers on the 05-08s.
Hope this helps.

TANK

1 - 8 of 8 Posts