Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Yeah it's a Turbo Diesel
4,156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ordered the Nathan K3LA (P3) set up with a Firestone 5 gallon tank from realteainhorns.net. Very nice people to deal with I must say, and better pricing than hornblasters and other sellers.
I just finished up the wiring, I ran the solenoid for the horns to upfitter 1, and compressor on and of to upfitter 2 so I have control over the compressor running.
I used heavy gauge angle iron to make my brackets, grinded them down and painted with rustoleum flat black, bolted it all up with cad played grade 8 hardware.
I ran out of patience to mount the horns under the truck, so I out them in my toolbox for the weekend. I'll be mounting them near the transfer case on the driver side.
I'll also run some quick connects for an air hose on each side of the truck by the steps.

Here's a few pics:

Horns are now painted black. The guys at realteainhorns.net are great to deal with, and if you buy from their eBay listing you can get free shipping.

Sent from iPhone

·
Yeah it's a Turbo Diesel
4,156 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Thought I'd share with the org, knowing that I have air on demand is a nice piece of mind!

Sent from iPhone

·
Registered
1,301 Posts

·
Yeah it's a Turbo Diesel
4,156 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes that's it. I called and spoke to the owner mr Jackson, he's a good ol country boy. I liked him and he's way of running a business- giving a lifetime warranty on the horns and parts, where as HB gives a 1 or 2 yr warranty. I just got a good vibe from RTH's.net, an everything has worked out as expected. I've called HB before and wasn't impressed with them just conversations over the phone.

·
Yeah it's a Turbo Diesel
4,156 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok, I put the pressure switch on a 90 degree elbow, allowed for a cleaner look- that thing stuck out 4 inches mounting it horizontally, I wrapped up all the wiring in wire loom, and ran the hose to the horns through existing holes right through the corner bed post dug-out, I mounted the horns right to the trans crossmember, drilled two holes and used cad plated hardware.

Worked out pretty good, just need to run the air psi reading sensor from the tank to the CTS monitor- I don't have to buy or mount a stupid gauge, that cts is a nice monitor I'll tell ya! Then I'll run two quick connects on the each side of the truck near the steps.

Man, these horns are fvckin LOUD as sh!t! Don't waste time and money on plastic wanna be train horns- those are low entry level, step up and get the Nathans or Leslie's!

Tank & Compressor:

Horns mounted on the trans crossmember:

That compressor is very quiet, just to quit it more, I'm gunna add in some rubber washers in between the angle iron where they're bolted together and bolted to the inside part of the bed.

·
Yeah it's a Turbo Diesel
4,156 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Horn blasting video:

One of my favorite mods!!

·
Registered
994 Posts
Clean setup! very nice.

Wow...i just clicked that link and saw $1100 for the setup? Holy ball sack...i can't justify that kind of money on a train set, even though i am jealous how much better it probably is than mine! LOL!

Thanks for sharing man. If I had the money, i'd do the same, but i'm currently saving for either a cari, PMF, or Icon suspension...and still recovering from buying my first house :(

it's funny...my truck has priority over my brand new home!

Reactions: mts678

·
Registered
141 Posts
Love the thread man and that setup is spot on! I'm lookin to do the same thing. Got a question for anyone really. If I had a flat could I just hook up an air line to the compressor? Seems like a dumb question but that's one of the main reasons I would buy this kit.

·
Yeah it's a Turbo Diesel
4,156 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Most definitely you can. It's really nice when pulling a trailer, because it seems like a trailers job to atleast have one tire go flat or something every other time you use em!

·
Registered
81 Posts
Can't wait.............going to be my next mod

Reactions: mts678

·
Yeah it's a Turbo Diesel
4,156 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
1 - 14 of 14 Posts