Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all! I have a question and i am hoping for an understanding. The other day when it was 80 degrees out I turned my A/C on and suddenly my trucks fan sounded like a Septa Bus. The fan got extremely loud and then a couple mins. later it stopped. then i was sitting in traffic and when i began to pull away it did it again. It sounds like when one of the boost tubes comes off but i coming from the fan. I checked all my lines they are all tight. Is this noise normal? i was told its the clutch in the fan fully engaging. Please Help!!

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
yes it's normal...

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
what year is your truck i am not a 6.0 guy but from reading other guys posts you might think about having the truck re flashed with the new programming but one of the 6.0 guys will be along to help out im sure

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
i have not had that happen to me yet but i know the sound you are talking about...i used to drive a 7.3L delivery truck and that would happen in the summer heat...i now drive a international delivery truck and does the same thing...i believe it is some sort of valve with the turbo but i could be wrong...first time it happened though i thought I lost the turbo.

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
My truck does the same thing, it's normal, just that big fan making lots of noise.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yea i heard the noise was normal but wasn't sure. I'm new to the site i will have my info on my truck and some pics but i have
2004 f-250 Harley Davidson 6.0PSD
4.5" Donahoe race suspension lift
20x10 Moto metals with 35X12.50R20 Nitto Mud grapplers
Banks 4" Straight pipe exhaust
SCT Livewire
03 VGT Swap
Stewart Warner Boost and EGT gauges

There is others.

I also have one more question Is it True the 03VGTs make more power then the 04 VGT's . The only thing i noticed was more power between 2-4K RPM But more lague off the line and less torgue out of the box. I was wondering if i should throw my 04 back on. What do you guys think?

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
i have never heard about more power just different number of fins on the wheel which made them louder...i thought the 03-04 had more lag down low

·
Registered
492 Posts
mine did it all the time. i live in vegas. esspecially when i pulled anything. it sounds like a big ventalation fan in front of you. by the way, using words like septa makes me think you are from the philly area

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I was told my 04 VGT is a late model production that gave the 6.0s more lower end torgue. my production dat it 10/15/04 and the truck is vinned 04. kinda weird but some of my buddies that have 05 are built earlier. I'm looking for more power but dont know what else to do. i also have an airraid intake

·
<-Day Of Fail now SOLD
3,393 Posts
MINE DID THAT NO TOO LONG AGO BUT NOBODY DROVE FOR OVER A MONTH AND A HALF, MAYBE I COULD BE A FAN CLUTCH ABOUT TO DIE? THIS IS MY FIRST SD I DON'T KNOW IF EVERYONE ELSE HAS A CLUTCH FAN.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts