Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone tried to add a "helper" or "lift" pump as described on Guzzles web page?

The reason I ask is I am going to install an ITP tank kit and was thinking of trying this mod, while I have the fuel system open. I am hesitant due to the Carter P4070 pump he uses according to both Summit racing and Jegs tech help are gasoline only pump. I have also searched the internet and everywhere it is listed as gasoline only. I tried to sign up on Guzzles website to ask in his forum but I just keep getting an error when I sign up.

I cant afford an airdog right now since I am saving for a Turbonetics BB so this looked like a tempting and inexpensive mod.

Anyone with any suggestions or experience with this??

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Did either of you notice any difference in performance after the mod? How loud is the pump? I have had people comment on the noise of the pump.

Has anyone tried the Holley red 12-801 pump? It has slightly higher gph rating not much, but it is diesel rated and I was curious if it was quieter.

Also the p4070 has 1/4" npt fitting the holley has 3/8" . Would the 3/8" make it more difficult to install, I have not looked at the line size under the truck yet.

I mainly want to install the tank kit and pump to eliminate a plugged screen or fuel delivery problem that I may be having. I am not sure thats my problem but I have eliminated about everything else.

·
Premium Member
9,599 Posts
I noticed a little more pep when I first installed mine. nothing major though. as for noise the only time I hear it is when I first turn the key, after the truck is running no noise at all, even standing outside.

·
Registered
601 Posts
i use a holley pump (dont know the number right now) on my sandrail and havent had a single problem in 2 years. isnt to noisey but i am also running gas not diesel.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts