Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 1999 F250 Super Duty 7.3ltr. I want to install a on board air compressor with frame mounted tank to air up tires, run air horns, ect.

I notice there is no room under hood to install compressor. Also looking at Viair compressors and see may different ones.

I am open to suggestions. Anyone have one of these and or can lean me towards a good system and were they mounted compressor?

·
Registered
37 Posts
I installed the firestone one that I have for my bags under the rear seat on the drivers side. It's an extended cab and then i just ran the lines out of a grommet right underneath of it. I don't have a tank though, but the comp. stays dry and out of the weather.

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
i have my compressor and 7 gallon tank under my tool box. I have extra ports on the tank with two having quick connects on them for this exact reason.

you can kinda see them in this pic.

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
I have a kit from siege who is now out of business :(

I have one compressor in my tool box and the other behind the seat. The 3 gal tank is on the frame rail pass side just infront of the rear tire.

I did not think air was something I needed, but now that I have it I will NEVER have a truck without air!! I fill tires all the time and have an incab control for my airbags on the back. Air is awesome!

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
couple pics for you
thats about a 5 gallon tank
& a viair 480c compressor
then running my train horns
all on the passenger side

Attachments

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks guys!

I am fabricating a Stainless box to mount on frame rail to house compressor in to protect from the elements. I know these get hot so I am going to add a muffin fan for cooling inline with pressure switch. Reading other forum posts, I think I am going with a 150psi continuous duty, at least a 3 gallon tank, and run pex into bed with quick disconnects for air hose. I want to put just loud truck horns behind front bumper so I'll put a quick behind there too.

Thanks for the pictures Chills!

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
Thanks guys!

I am fabricating a Stainless box to mount on frame rail to house compressor in to protect from the elements. I know these get hot so I am going to add a muffin fan for cooling inline with pressure switch. Reading other forum posts, I think I am going with a 150psi continuous duty, at least a 3 gallon tank, and run pex into bed with quick disconnects for air hose. I want to put just loud truck horns behind front bumper so I'll put a quick behind there too.

Thanks for the pictures Chills!
thats what were here for to help out...your welcome :thumb:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts