Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the best programmer for the money? Our local truck toyz store has the hypertech programmer for $449 installed with 3 stages. Im looking for some extra mpg and a little extra hourse power. Is the hypertech a good programmer or should I look for something different?:icon_ford:

·
Registered
5,279 Posts
A custom tuned chip would be the best money. Tony Wildman or DP Tuner, Swamps, Beans

I have ran that hypertech before on my truck and was not impressed with it at all

I can't tell but your truck is a 7.3 right

I like my 150 dollar ts more than I did the hypertech, it will soon be taken out with some custom tunes put on it also

Best thing to do is get what you can afford and do a lot of research before making any kind of decisions

Do you have an auto trans or manual?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
A custom tuned chip would be the best money. Tony Wildman or DP Tuner, Swamps, Beans

I have ran that hypertech before on my truck and was not impressed with it at all

I can't tell but your truck is a 7.3 right

I like my 150 dollar ts more than I did the hypertech, it will soon be taken out with some custom tunes put on it also

Best thing to do is get what you can afford and do a lot of research before making any kind of decisions

Do you have an auto trans or manual?
Yeah its a 7.3 2001 model and it has a auto trans in it. A buddy of mine has a adge programmer in a 2000 model and swears by it..

·
Registered
2,683 Posts
If you don't mind the work of putting a custom tuned chip in, that's the way to go, you could even run a custom tuned SCT programmer if you wanted and would be way nicer than the hyper tech....I live in travelers rest so I'm not to far from ya if ya need any help with anything by the way... Here check out

Power Hungry Performance - Feed your hunger for POWER! They are in Winder, Ga bill can hook you up with either a chip or a programmer, they also offer custom tuned EDGE programmers if you want something like that

1 - 5 of 5 Posts