Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I made it back from Alaska safe and sound. Traveled just over 2200 miles round trip. The old 7.3 pulled like a champ. Only used 1/2 quart of oil pulling 9230lbs. In fact I think the trip did some good for the engine. Had to pass some of the " other guys" on the hills just because. :wink[3]:

·
Banned
3,771 Posts
Good to hear. Definitely moving weight for a good trip is good for it! Gotta get that sucker cleaned out. haha. May I ask your MPG?

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Good to hear. Definitely moving weight for a good trip is good for it! Gotta get that sucker cleaned out. haha. May I ask your MPG?
10.5 mpg. Not bad for pulling around the mountains.

·
Powerstroke Junkie
8,308 Posts
I agree, I just got back from towing my 9500lb TT for about a four hour trip through the mountains . It was awesome passing other full sized trucks pulling much smaller trailers. I averaged 11mpg and I wasn't being gentle on it either. Gotta love Jody's 60 tow tune!!! Not to mention the 6.0 trans cooler, ambient temps of 95 and trans temps of 160.
To the OP, when you are ready for the CCV Mod let me know.

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I agree, I just got back from towing my 9500lb TT for about a four hour trip through the mountains . It was awesome passing other full sized trucks pulling much smaller trailers. I averaged 11mpg and I wasn't being gentle on it either. Gotta love Jody's 60 tow tune!!! Not to mention the 6.0 trans cooler, ambient temps of 95 and trans temps of 160.
To the OP, when you are ready for the CCV Mod let me know.
You bet. I'll let you know. Is Jody with PHP? I am looking at getting a chip and some gauges soon. I had the TW and traded it for the 6.0l cooler when I lost my trans. It seemed to smokey and jerky for me, and the 6.0l cooler here in Canada was over 700 bucks plus taxes and shipping.:doh:

·
Registered
1,867 Posts
You bet. I'll let you know. Is Jody with PHP? I am looking at getting a chip and some gauges soon. I had the TW and traded it for the 6.0l cooler when I lost my trans. It seemed to smokey and jerky for me, and the 6.0l cooler here in Canada was over 700 bucks plus taxes and shipping.:doh:
Ouch..im over here..in AB and can get it WAY cheeper lol

Dont you love the ole 7.3 for pullin..i do

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ouch..im over here..in AB and can get it WAY cheeper lol

Dont you love the ole 7.3 for pullin..i do
Sure do love the 7.3 for being a work horse.

Fort Motors in Fort St.John quoted me 726 , Windsor Ford in GP quoted me 688.

·
Registered
1,867 Posts
I can call tomorrow and get a price..

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I got it installed already. I traded my TW chip for it.

·
Registered
1,867 Posts
im still curious lol.

A caliper only set me back like 70$ my cost..everything is cheap..lol

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Where do you get your parts? Fort Nelson prices are way out in left field. Even NAPA Never mind looking for modifacations. I was quoted 749 for the AFE intake. I ordered it from Xtreme Diesel out of the U.S for 275 plus shipping.

·
Registered
1,867 Posts
Where do you get your parts? Fort Nelson prices are way out in left field. Even NAPA Never mind looking for modifacations. I was quoted 749 for the AFE intake. I ordered it from Xtreme Diesel out of the U.S for 275 plus shipping.
Ford..lol like i said i have connections..

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Ford..lol like i said i have connections..
I'll keep that in mind. I'm curious about the price on the cooler though. I would like to know so I could call them on it and see how much they are gouging us guys in the North. Not everyone works in the patch out here.

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
BTW ,,, Nice looking rig you got there Turbo . Any front end pics?

·
Registered
1,867 Posts
A couple..i should go get some good ones..maybe this weekend..

Yea ill call tomorrow i need to pick up some stuff n e ways

1 - 15 of 15 Posts