Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My brother, whom I'm helping, has a v10 excursion. He works at a scrap yard and a running, driving 7.3 excursion came in. He can't buy anything with the VIN plate on it.

Yesterday we pulled the cab from the 7.3. we pulled dash harness and left the body harness.

How much do we need going back behind the dash inside? Will doors, windows, and interior lights work with the existing v10 body harness?

I've read something about the crash sensor, which seemed to be well integrated into the body harness.

We kept brake booster and pedal assys. We are doing a body swap. Not the driveline swap. Any input will be appreciated. There isn't much of a guide on this.

Thanks in advance!

Edit: should've said it's a 2000 v10 and an 02 7.3

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)

Added a second picture for those watching.

I'll try to be as detailed as possible, but I know my brother will work on stuff without me.:mad:

·
Registered
52 Posts
So this might be similar to a "what part of the gun is the gun" type question...

...but in doing a body swap like this do you carry the vin as attached to the body of his current vehicle over to the frame/drivetrain of the donor vehicle? That just seems weird to me for some reason.

Also the kiddie pool for catching oil 🤣

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
In Illinois, these questions come up a lot. Yeah, cab carries the VIN tag, title goes with the cab.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I know, but my brother has his mind set, and I hate to be the first one to do this publicly.

The standard that is set will probably be awfully low.

Sorry in advance. :sick:

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Also, the kiddie pool was from when I did my flush and fill with Shell ELC instead of the green that was in my 01 ECLB when I got it in 2020.

We used it for coolant, oil, and trans fluid by this time

·
Registered
21 Posts
Edit. Nevermind I reread everything. I support the body swap onto 7.3 frame if the mounts line up, and fab work is minimal. then go for it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts