Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
ok i went by to pick up my truck today after head replacement (this makes the 10th week they have had it) and they said that they had it running and shut it off and it wnt start back ? they said that it will start with spray but not on its own. it will start after pressure gets built up above 500 rpms and then they spray ? what could be the problem ? they talking like an injector may b bad ? but my thing is that the truck ran just fine and started up great b4 i took it to them ? and im on a strict limit for parts and labor (for now) and i esp dnt wanna buy a injector . but any suggestions ?

·
Premium Member
113 Posts
Its also possible one of the o-rings got cut or messed up on the injectors, or oil rail.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yea true . lets hope so i mean i dnt think its sumthing major lol or atleast i hope not neways
ibut i want to make sure they dnt charge me for an injector and it not b the problem.and if it did go out lol whos fault is that cuz i dnt want to pay for one if i dnt have too cuz it was running too good b4 i took it to them

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yea true . lets hope so i mean i dnt think its sumthing major lol or atleast i hope not neways
ibut i want to make sure they dnt charge me for an injector and it not b the problem.and if it did go out lol whos fault is that cuz i dnt want to pay for one if i dnt have too cuz it was running too good b4 i took it to them

·
Registered
446 Posts
Im having the same problem with mine, It wont restart when its warm, has to have about 3 hrs of cool down to restart on its own other wise requires spray. My froend is a Diesel Mechanic for Ford and said sounds like a D-Ring, you should be able to have the shop read the ICP psi and itll show a problem with the oil rail, not to do with Fuel.

·
Registered
765 Posts
Im having the same problem with mine, It wont restart when its warm, has to have about 3 hrs of cool down to restart on its own other wise requires spray. My froend is a Diesel Mechanic for Ford and said sounds like a D-Ring, you should be able to have the shop read the ICP psi and itll show a problem with the oil rail, not to do with Fuel.
Sounds like an oil pressure issue for you. You might needa change to STC fitting on the HPOP. Mine was doing the same.

·
Registered
2,254 Posts
sounds like one of the injector o-rings got torn/cut during assembly, or an injector isn't seated properly.

You need to determine what ICP is when it won't start.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ok just got back from the shop and he showed me how he checks for oring leak and he was telling me that they ant an oring bad, and i had them to upgrade the stc fitting, but he said that he was going to change the hopo regulator and see if that fixes it

·
Registered
420 Posts
hook up an airline to the ICP sensor pressurized the system from 90-100psi on a regulator take off the oil cap and the intake and listen for where the air leaking out of and you will see whats wrong truck should start with 500psi and IPR closing no more then 45% on cold start ups warm should be 35%.....iam gonna say it something to do with a high pressure oil system

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
dang i hope not i know them man and they will charge me an arm and a leg to fix it even if they didnt do sumthing right. but he said he hooked up the comp and he said that the cold start oil pressure is suppose to be idkexcatly but what ?? 800 ??? and he said that the actual is like 450 ?? dnt quote me on that but i know he said that it was low

·
Registered
2,254 Posts
Given the fact you had no issues prior to the head swap, My money is on standpipes, or dummy plugs being bad/cracked/improperly installed. Have him do a leak test on the oil system.

Unless he did a leak test, and determined the location, you should insist that he re-check his work before throwing parts at it.

·
Registered
420 Posts
I agree with post above dont let this guy push u around its clearly something he did when he put the truck back together it ran fine going in the shop now it wont start on its own ask any mechanic thats due to intaller error hes gotta pressurized the HPO system

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
whell i bought new stand by pipes and dummy pipes that he installed .so idk i just hope that he dnt charge extra cuz of his screw up u know

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
idk what he gotta check but man i just want my freakin truck back man and he gave me a price and then he jacked the price up 300 and yall r right but guys i just hope he get it done like i stated in the first post he has had my truck very close to 4 months i just want it back :mad:

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
10 weeks is bull****, no offense man but he's gonna continue to screw you around unless you stand up to him. Make him fix it on HIS dime, not yours

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
yea thats kinda what i am thinking too man but ima wait and see when he hands me the bill i know we talked about a price but idk everybody i talked too said he was high but i will see . but ii just hope its done tommrow . lol i need my truck. . but i already see now that ima have to learn to work on my own truck. i dnt trust anybody else to do it as far as i have found anyway

·
Registered
446 Posts
Is this an actual shop? or an independent mechanic? If it was a shop I would sure be considering taking further action if it turns out to be something he messed up. Not to mention he doesnt sound as if he knows whats wrong with it and he just wants to throw parts at it. By what your saying it doesnt sound like he has a full understanding of the motor anyhow. Then theres the 10 week ordeal, that would of had me boiling to begin with and now all this??? Wish ya the best but I wouldnt be so quick to pay extra $ before doing your research and making sure it was nothing that he messed up first.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
figured it out. he didnt put the o-ring on the hpop regulator and he also said that he had to replace an injector. he said that the injector was causing the miss . and he said that it is one of those things that just goes out, but got it back today and been driving it around town and it seems to b running fine. but the total bill showed that he didnt charge me for the regulator problem. but charged me 200 for used injector and it was #5 inj that went out

·
Premium Member
11,966 Posts
Find a new shop dude. That one is for crap.

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
1 - 20 of 24 Posts