Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I live in VT......So wondering your guy's thoughts on oil undercoating your trucks......was thinking of doing it

And if anyone has thier's oil undercoated????

·
Registered
416 Posts
just buy an old chev, they come that way. :rofl:

·
Registered
568 Posts
Oil undercoating..? Why would you want to put oil underneath your truck so all the crap your tires are shooting up from the road will stick there?

·
Registered
144 Posts
I did it to an old rusty frame used the old oil out of my truck put it in a cheap gun and sprayed away made it look like new and I'm sure it prevented more rust

·
Banned
46 Posts
yeah that's what we have to do in NY bc if the salt, if not in three years your looking for a new truck lol but i would paint it frist wait a wile then do it. Bc if you do and then try to paint it. its a bbbbbbbbb lol

·
Registered
249 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
put fluid film on a frame of a truck and in 2 months it was all gone started using rusfree seems to stay on better, it has rust inhibators in it.

·
Registered
723 Posts
Buy I pint of por 15. Cheap air gun. Thin the por 15 and shoot the whole underside of ur truck and never worry about it again

Sent from a Apple

·
Premium Member
3,940 Posts
Keep in mind some plastics like what protects the wiring break down with oil contact.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I go to school in vt so I was wondering the same. As said above get some por and paint that *****. I actually got some marine epoxy from work painted it black. It looks great and holds up to the salty roads. I would deff recommend painting over oil coating

Sent from my iPhone using AG Free

1 - 12 of 12 Posts