Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's an oil question for you guys with the 7.3. Mine is due for a change within the next 100 or so miles. I generally run Rotella T 15w/40 in 'er. I was at Auto Zone last night (window shopping) and noticed there are serveal different oils available for the truck. What do most of you run (manufacturer and type)? There were GTX, Rotella T, Mobil, Chevron, etc. What should I get? I noticed they were all about the same price.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I prefer shell rotella, I use it on the diesels I work on and haven't had an issue. On my last oil change on my 6.0 I used shell 5w 40 synthetic diesel engine oil; I have no feedback as yet since I haven't really tested it. Just stick with Rotella and you'll be fine.

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My wife likes to run the NYC alot (family lives there). I always run Lucas in her oil changes just because of the highway running. Can I run Lucas in mine or will it hurt it? I've others mention Sea Foam?

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
rotella t 15/40

- ROTELLA Products

I just switched my cars over to this stuff also and will be putting it in the bike next oil change and probably the boat too. after a couple thousand miles i will send the oil off to black stone to be looked at. hopefully all will be ok! My neighbor across the street uses rotella t in everything he has owned for the past 15 years i think he said? lawn mowers, tractors, diesels, gas engines all his bikes (but his new harley, not sure why?). So i figured I would give it a shot too.

·
Registered
543 Posts
I use Valvoline Premiun Blue 15w-40 and a Mobil 1 filter 7500mi. per change. Blackstone tells me, everything is just Super. 122,000 on the clock.

·
Registered
103 Posts
My brother wanted to switch from Amsoil to Rotella. Is there a problem switching from synthetic to a mineral oil? He has a 2001 7.3 with 118,000 miles....

·
Registered
277 Posts
I've run Rotella synthetic 5w40 since I've owned my truck for two years now and have had absolutely no problems. I like it for the simple fact of its availability.

Chris

1 - 11 of 11 Posts