Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
447 Posts
I hope this helps with prices at the pump.

·
Registered
447 Posts
probably not someone will raise the road tax to compensate:hehe:
You laugh. I bet some liberals are already thinking about it.

·
Registered
2,306 Posts
I am sure they are. They already have us used to paying this amount. Im sure the discussion is "why not keep them paying this price"

·
Premium Member
13,244 Posts
it wont help the price at the pump, because they will just say our dollar is even weaker so they can justify the record pump prices. the economy stinks, our dollar isn't so mighty anymore. i honestly feel that the prices will never drop below what they are now..

·
Registered
26 Posts
it wont help the price at the pump, because they will just say our dollar is even weaker so they can justify the record pump prices. the economy stinks, our dollar isn't so mighty anymore. i honestly feel that the prices will never drop below what they are now..
How right you are ! While the price of a gallon of gas in Europe is nearly double our $4-5 range. And some like to point out how much more expensive it is over there to justify the relative "cheapness" or our prices. Nearly 50% of their cost is associated with taxes on fuel .... so their real cost is almost the same since our taxes our low compared to theirs.

A lot of the increase in our prices at the pump has a more to do with the decreasing value of our dollar than any politician is willing to admit. Because that would be equivilent to accepting blame for the prices ... :doh:

Why do that when you can blame it on oil companies, environmentalists, India, China, Sputnik, Global Warming, MS Vista ... :crazy:

:stump:

·
Premium Member
13,244 Posts
How right you are ! While the price of a gallon of gas in Europe is nearly double our $4-5 range. And some like to point out how much more expensive it is over there to justify the relative "cheapness" or our prices. Nearly 50% of their cost is associated with taxes on fuel .... so their real cost is almost the same since our taxes our low compared to theirs.

A lot of the increase in our prices at the pump has a more to do with the decreasing value of our dollar than any politician is willing to admit. Because that would be equivilent to accepting blame for the prices ... :doh:

Why do that when you can blame it on oil companies, environmentalists, India, China, Sputnik, Global Warming, MS Vista ... :crazy:

:stump:

Vista!!!! LOL!!!!

·
Infidel
5,166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Gonna have to say I agree with you.
Craig

·
Registered
4 Posts
have you noticed how the national media outlets are conditioning us that it is going to be higher
in some circles it is called brainwashing:crazy:

·
Registered
551 Posts
Well currently diesel is a 1.48 Euro / liter in Lanstuhl Germany. When I was over here back in April it was running about 1.30 Euro / liter. So they have seen a real increase in pump prices as well of about 0.68 Euro per gallon in that time frame.

$116 for 13.4 gallons EEEK! Thank heavens for expense reports.

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
have you noticed how the national media outlets are conditioning us that it is going to be higher
in some circles it is called brainwashing:crazy:
Notice the media keeps saying prices are going up becouse of tight supplys and increaseing demand. At the same time the Saudi's keep saying there is no supply problems, Who do you belive? I haven't heard of diesel or gas not being available, you can buy as much as you want.

If i was an Oil producer, with these prices I would be trying to produce as much of the stuff as I possable could. Sen. Schumer wants the Saudi's to increase production, at the same time he doesn't want the U.S. to produce any more. It sure looks to me Sen Schumer is looking out for the interest of Saudi Arabia instead of us.

His Co-Sen, the one imported from Arkansas, Had to give back forighn money several times. Do you think She's the only officeholder taking money from forighn surces?

·
Registered
7,242 Posts
It will not make a difference, our refineries are at capacity. We need more refineries to be constructed before we can even begin to increase our ability to refine. It's time for our beloved EPA to come the F up off not letting us build more.

And ya'll better hope and pray like a son of a b***h that we don't get another bad gulf hurricane.

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
It will not make a difference, our refineries are at capacity. We need more refineries to be constructed before we can even begin to increase our ability to refine. It's time for our beloved EPA to come the F up off not letting us build more.

And ya'll better hope and pray like a son of a b***h that we don't get another bad gulf hurricane.
Your right. Watching C-span a year ago, saw both House and Senate hearings. The representitive for the rifinery association, testified that his members DID NOT WANT TO BUILD NEW REFINERYS. Talk about self serving. He was all for tough envirnmentel laws and increasing capacity of existing refinerys. This = no compitition from another company, and the Dems we,re/ are helping with that.

From watching those hearings is whare I came away with that Big Oil and the Dems are in bed, Not big oil and the Republicains. Remember Bush and House Republicans passed easing the regs on building refinerys and lifting the moratorium on exploration and drilling. Only to be filibustered by the Senate Dems. The Dems know there responcible for this, which is why there conducting those show trials on Oil CEO's,

1 - 14 of 14 Posts