Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My "06" 6.0 does not develop enough pressure (500) to fire injectors when its warm. Sometimes it will start with a long crank time.
HP pump has been replaced as well as the coupling. Mech says he has leak tested with air and found nothing.
Dealer returned my truck last night and first rattle out of the bag it left me sitting for 2 hours again.
I think the tech is at a lose as to which way to go now.
Can anyone offer up a solution?

·
Registered
443 Posts
I would say either a bad hpop. But most likely stc (snap to connect) fitting or a cracked branch tube. About the stc fitting i don't know which years were bad but i think it was 05.

·
Registered
121 Posts
It could be anything in the high pressure oil system. If the stc fitting has been replace recently it should have one of the two upgraded fittings on it. I have not personaly seen any of these new fittings leak but anything is posible. More than likly its an injector or case to head tube. It may be the branch tube but unless you had an stc fitting fail before that is unlikly.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
After 13 days in the dealer service department it turns out to be a $0.20 o-ring on the dummy plug at the forward end of the oil rail.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts