Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok someone tell me if I'm a retard... I'm not a fan of the truck looking like an airplane c0*Kpit (LOL at the language filter) with 50 gauges scattered about, so... I have a generic electrical pressure gauge (it is an automotive gauge but only says pressure on the face) and a pair of oil pressure senders... Since I'm a cheapass, I'd like to use one gauge to monitor both oil pressure and fuel pressure... the senders will be switched with a small toggle and only the sending unit wires will be on the switch... I wanted to use a steering column mount and put the switch either in it or my Edge pod... I'll use it mostly for fuel pressure but I wanted to be able to monitor oil also in case I need to trouble shoot the oil pressure at some point...

Also, does anyone sell an adapter in kit form to interface with the factory oil pressure switch so I can just plug both the switch and the sender into a T or Y without everything looking like a plumber threw up in there... I know I'll need a fuel test port adapter and a hose to move the sender out of that tiny space where Ford put the port.... anything else?

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
No one even wants to call me a retard?

·
Registered
199 Posts
It can be done, I've street trucks do this. Just get sending units for both gauges and get a three way pole switch. On/Off/On and wire the oil sender unit to one and the FP sender to the other. Ground both units externally. Be careful to check that both senders are external grounds and not internal, also ensure the gauge has a large and small enough sweep to cover both ranges. I would do cyberdyne 0-100psi setup but use different sender units.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts