Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
692 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so not only is there a slow leak in my oil pan but someone else already tryed to repair it by putting some fiberglass/epoxy crap on there and i dont want to take that off because im afraid that if i do there may be a big rusted out hole in my pan which would be even harder to repair so my question is how can i repair the leaks now?

·
Viking Heavy Diesel
20,739 Posts
Welcome to the ORG.

If I were you I would want to know what was behind that patch. The best way to fix the leak unfortunately is to pull the pan!

·
Registered
692 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
but pulling the pan requires pulling the engine doesnt it .... god i hope theres an easier way

·
Registered
741 Posts
but pulling the pan requires pulling the engine doesnt it .... god i hope theres an easier way
I would like to know as well because mine is doing the same thing. Not leaking bad but previous owner put some kind of crap on the pan. It's just leaking a bit now but of course will get worse.

·
Registered
162 Posts
yes unfortunately you have to pull the whole engine out because it was a bad design. unless you could find a way to remove the crossmember. if it was me i would just do it right the first time instead of having to fool with it for a long time. replace the pan.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts