Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok heres the 411 homies, there is a oil mess on top of my engine, right at the bottom of the intake elbow an around the egr valve now its still hot right now so i done nothin yet, is there a seal on the egr valve? i mean i cant imagine my elbow would blow out that much oil is there a seal on the egr that i should change out help me please

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
No oil in the egr. Just air, soot, and sometimes coolant:LOL:. The elbow shouldn't have that much oil leaking from it, unless the boot is leaking and blowing oil from the ccv.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
there is oil on the boot comin from the turbo i just kinda fiigured it blew back, i hate oily mess's

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
the only reason i even opened my hood was just cause i was drivin an my engine compartment started soundin louder more specificly my turbo was more noticable

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
Check your boot clamps, but if you're just talking about residue it's normal. I wash mine at least once a month. I've never had a diesel that stayed clean under the hood.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
its def not residue there is a nice mess on the clamp an up the egr there is a small puddel not big at all i imgine its been doin it for a while im a take care of it as soon as she cools down

1 - 6 of 6 Posts