Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
for about the last 2 months everytime i start my truck it shows the oil light but it only does it after the truck is started and only shows for about 2 seconds and my oil is good has anyone had this before or does someone have it too? thanks for any input

·
Registered
36 Posts
What brand of oil filter are you running? I'm new to the 6.4 but the thought I'm going for, and someone confirm whether this is possible or not, is that your oil is draining out of your filter housing, then upon starting, takes a few seconds to build pressure. I've been 'told' non motorcraft filters can cause this. Someone more familiar can chime in and shoot that down if it isn;t a possibility.

·
Registered
268 Posts
I get the same thing with my truck and the oil level is fine as well. I do use the Motorcraft oil filter so I don't think there is a problem with the filter.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Hey dutchie88, it appears that you an I have the exact same truck, but I don't have the tuner. How do you like the performance of your truck after the tuner and intake?

·
Registered
191 Posts
My truck does the same thing every time I start her up, but I thought it was normal because its done it since I bought it. Just a test or something but maybe not now that I have seen this.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ATVJOE i have had my truck tuned for 10 months now and it runs amazing power and everything and i run the hd 300 tune everyday all day it didnt help that much in mpg normal driving it did some tho, but i never tow with mine so i wouldnt know anything there but i have never had any problems with mine....combs19 my next oil change i will be taking it to ford they might be able to figure it out im not worried that its bad for it tho but will see.And also my back sensors dont work 99 percent of the time they turn off as soon as i put mine in reverse like on the button it says off but everything is hooked up and what not so who knows maybe they can tell me what it could be

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
The backup sensors do that when 1 or more is not working. Get a buddy to put the truck in reverse and put your ear close to each sensor. If you can hear a ticking sound the sensor is working, if no ticking sound then the sensor needs to be replaced.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Will they still make that noise if it's off because when I put it in reverse it goes on off right away

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
I am pretty sure they still do. I have had this problem a couple times and this how I figured it out. Well actually i googled it after I heard them ticking.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ok thank you learn something new everyday

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
Just checked mine and yes they do still tick. I have a couple that aren't working as well so as soon as I put the truck in reverse it automatically turns the reverse sensing off but the sensors keep ticking. well the ones that still work are ticking.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Do you have any clue how much they are

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
I think they were 60 bucks a piece which is kind of expensive. I had a buddy who put in a backup camera and said he didn't need his anymore so I took them out of his truck but within the last few months I replaced my bumper and somehow during the removal I must have wrecked 2 more sensors. I was planning on checking on prices of them when I get back up to work. I have looked at part source & napa but they don't carry them. I would perfer not getting them from ford due to the fact that I might be on the conservative side by saying 60 bucks a piece.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Like I said our trucks are exactly alike. My sensors do not work either, but have the rear camera and that's what I would prefer anyways. Have a buddy withe sensors hooked up and that could get annoying.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
just got back from the dealership they think the oil light is coming on maybe cuz its building oil pressure or they think that the oil pump might be going... in a couple of weeks i should know what it is since i will be taking it in for some warranty work and other stuff so will see i guess

·
Registered
45 Posts
Let us know what they say about it when you take it back in. I just noticed mine was doing the same thing a few days ago.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Yes definitely let us know.

·
Registered
40 Posts
:agree: It looks like we all have the same issue!! my oil light comes on right after start then turns off (checked oil everything's good), back sensor seems to turn on for a min then shut off, and also my cruise control sometimes works sometimes not:dunno:

2008 KK i bought it used with 18000 miles and had it tuned 1 month later spartan 250 so don't really remember if that had something to do with any of it!!(don't think so) Im due for a oil change so!!!!

·
Registered
268 Posts
Yeah, I was traveling a couple weeks ago and had to stop truck, shut off, slam doors:D, then restart and cruise worked again.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts