Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi I got a 2002 f250 about 3 weeks ago 87,000 on it. I only have a 30 day NY state lemon law warranty. For 1 it has a power steering leak that is pretty straight forward but it has a oil leak too. I do not have access to a lift but from what I can see it coming from the back of the engine. Are these known for real main seal going out or some thing else in that area that leaks? The saleman I just talked to say's it normal seep-age and he told me about it. Hmmm he never said a word about it to me when I was buying it and I told him not to go there b/c he did not say any thing like that to me. They can look at it next friday. My old man's 2000 has 114,000 on it and no seep-age!!! So any advise would be great thank guys.

Truck was purchased at:
The Lot of Saratoga
665 Route 9
Ganesvoort N.Y. 12831

·
Registered
204 Posts
seep-age? hahahhaha what a bunch of salesman bull!!!! rear main seal is leaking.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Whats that going to cost me to fix if he pulls more bs and will not fix it?

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
A friend is telling me that main rear seals are rare and it could be the o-ring on the high pressure pump(leaks down the back of the motor looking like rear main leak)
Also told me that NY lemon law doesn't cover leaks of any kind. :doh:

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Banned
4,240 Posts
Thats funny, my 02 had 87,XXX on it when I bought it too! :rofl:

Yeah, It's very unlikely that the Rear main is leaking, and the salesman is an idiot. It's most likely something on the top of the engine, like Turbo Pedestal, EBV Rod, (In the pedestal,) or something else in the valley.

Hang around here and there isn;t much that can;t get fixed. Lots of good knowledge and people here! :thumb:

:ORG welcome:

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Thats funny, my 02 had 87,XXX on it when I bought it too! :rofl:

Yeah, It's very unlikely that the Rear main is leaking, and the salesman is an idiot. It's most likely something on the top of the engine, like Turbo Pedestal, EBV Rod, (In the pedestal,) or something else in the valley.

Hang around here and there isn;t much that can;t get fixed. Lots of good knowledge and people here! :thumb:

:ORG welcome:
Yes seems like a bunch of top notch guys on here!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts