Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

2005 F-250 6.0 4x4 CC SB 80K +/-

Took my truck in a few weeks ago for an oil leak around the bell housing area, and they "fixed it" by changing the charge air cooler hose & clamps. Well, it didn't fix it at all and taking it back on Wednesday.

I gave it a more thorough inspection today and it looks like it's leaking from above/around the starter area, and dripping down the tranny lines. There is a drip, not just seepage like they claimed before. Bell housing, tranny lines, etc.

Anyone else have a similar leak? I'd like to goto the dealership with more of an idea of where it's leaking from to see if they're jerking me off or not.

Thanks.

Hent

·
Registered
551 Posts
Trying looking at the top of the engine (behind the turbo) at the HPOP cover, and see if there is oil up near the IPR or turbo return lines. Seemed like the easiest way to see it on mine was from underneath with a good inspection mirror.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I had the same wet bell housing on my 03. After going to the shop three times they finally said it was the bedplate seal. Seams to be common with the 6.0. I looked at 4 trucks with the 6.0 on car lots the other day and they all had oil on the bell housing area.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Mine has/was/is leaking(wet bell housing), its at the shop right now being worked on for the 3rd time. First it was the rear cover plate, next time it was the CPS O-ring and oil pan gasket. Now its the Bedplate...:icon_ford:

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well, hopefully they don't keep it too long. Thanks for the suggestions. Going in tomorrow in the AM.

Although, last time I took it to them on about 1/8th of a tank and they filled me up over half. $50 right there!

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Turns out it was the bed plate seal.

Going to take care of it on monday.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
they told me 3 days.

we'll see how that goes though.

when i took it in yesterday ( i had an appt) the tech asked if i could leave it for a few days to get looked at. i told him to give me my keys back and i'll head to another dealership... so of course they did it that day.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I got my truck back today. They did the bed plate seal and a lot of others. So far no leaks. but only 80 miles so far.

it did have anti-freeze through out the engine compartment, and not sure if thats because they over-filled it, or started it with the heater hose disconnected (looks that way).

1 - 10 of 10 Posts