Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
looking at a used 02 f350.they just had the oil pan replaced due to a rust hole in pan.test drive truck and notice oil spot on drive,just a quick look and its comeing from around bell houseing?..so they took it back to there shop and the guy tell them the have not been driveing the truck hard enough and thats why it leaking?only 200 mile from the pan change.
is this sounding right?maybe ccv?or something they might have forgot or bumped pulling the motor? they were going to drive the druck tonnight for awhile and see ?going to tomorrow to see ,and crawl under myself.
nice truck and good price just was hopeing they might have found something loose from when they changed the pan.
any tips on what and where to look?or should i run from this one

·
Registered
19 Posts
I read somewhere that something like 90% of oil leaks on the 7.3L come from the top of the motor. I had a similar leak on mine, around the bell hosing/ starter, it ended up being a plug gasket on the back of the high pressure oil pump, which is on the top of the motor. Crawl up on top and see if there is oil pooled on the top of the motor.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts