Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i didnt know i had an oil leak until i moved my truck to get a buddys car out of the garage. i had about a quart under my truck so i climbed under it and discovered my valve cover gasket had a leak. so went to the parts store got a valve cover gasket got it changed THOUGHT i had fixed it. needless to say that didnt fix it. i then relized where it was coming from... now idk what it is but its gushing out under a load. its underneath the turbo, like where the turbo pedistal is. its the rod that goes to the EBPV valve. how do i fix this leak? much help is appreciated

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So if I do an EBPV delete, the rod that goes into the turbo pedestal do I just block it off?

·
Registered
496 Posts
So if I do an EBPV delete, the rod that goes into the turbo pedestal do I just block it off?
i think just about every question you could have will be answered in those..

OR - you buy a kit and rebuild the actuator- either way i belive the turbo needs to come off

maybe someone thats done it can chime in - i was collecting info on doing this myself until more serious issue popped up..

·
Registered
2,870 Posts
Looks like the videos will show you how to delete or rebuild the ebpv. It will have to be removed from the engine to be worked on. The problem is if you do try to rebuild it if the bore of the pedestal is not perfectly smooth with no nicks or scratch's it will most likely leak again. Most of us delete the ebpv and actuator to get rid of that potential for a oil leak.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts