Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys i got a 2004 6.0 tuned and some other mods like studs and a new oil cooler updated sct fitting and so on it has been a project truck as i have encountered a lot of issues along the way. i bought it knowing it had a oil leak i鈥檝e replaced the oil cooler gaskets, oil cooler, hpop gasket, hpop, turbo drain tube seals, glow plugs, glow plug harnesses, valve cover gaskets, oil dip stick tube gaskets and i think that is all. i still have a oil leak馃槕馃槕 it鈥檚 pretty big 2 drops on passenger side . one comes off bell housing and hits the ground. one comes off the starter. it looks like it鈥檚 coming from the back of the motor somewhere i see a big plug thing on the back on both sides (not sure what they are). i come from cummins and that is what i specialize in ive done full rebuilds and made lots of horse power so i鈥檓 mechanically inclined but i鈥檓 at a loss with this one. let me know if you could help.

Premium Member
hey guys i got a 2004 6.0 tuned and some other mods like studs and a new oil cooler updated sct fitting and so on it has been a project truck as i have encountered a lot of issues along the way. i bought it knowing it had a oil leak i鈥檝e replaced the oil cooler gaskets, oil cooler, hpop gasket, hpop, turbo drain tube seals, glow plugs, glow plug harnesses, valve cover gaskets, oil dip stick tube gaskets and i think that is all. i still have a oil leak it鈥檚 pretty big 2 drops on passenger side . one comes off bell housing and hits the ground. one comes off the starter. it looks like it鈥檚 coming from the back of the motor somewhere i see a big plug thing on the back on both sides (not sure what they are). i come from cummins and that is what i specialize in ive done full rebuilds and made lots of horse power so i鈥檓 mechanically inclined but i鈥檓 at a loss with this one. let me know if you could help.
If it were me I would purchase an inspection camera if you don't have one. Then I would clean everything up from the top down and then use the camera to see if I could follow it to the source.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If it were me I would purchase an inspection camera if you don't have one. Then I would clean everything up from the top down and then use the camera to see if I could follow it to the source.

yes sir i have a scope and everything like that i鈥檒l probably give it a brake parts cleaner bath and then look. thank you for the reply i appreciate it.

Premium Member
yes sir i have a scope and everything like that i鈥檒l probably give it a brake parts cleaner bath and then look. thank you for the reply i appreciate it.
Thats what I would do. Someone else might have an idea of a better place to look though.

Compression Ignition Addict
If you weren't careful taking off the HPOP cover, you could have introduced a leak where it meets the rear cover.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
If you weren't careful taking off the HPOP cover, you could have introduced a leak where it meets the rear cover.
you are right didn鈥檛 think about that although i watch a video on it and a guy said to use a thin layer of RTV to ensure a good seal so i did that. i think i鈥檓 going to start by cleaning off the motor then see what i get.

Registered
I would check up top, everything leaking on top tends to drip off the bell and the starter. My last one was the sender leaking through the top out of the plug and dripping off the starter.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts