Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
95 F250 7.3
I have an oil leak I've not looked to hard for it yet just here for any of your thoughts of where it could be from. It is leaking down the passenger side of the motor towards the rear of the block. I check the dip stick before I start the pickup and the oil is at the fill line but the gauge in the cab once it is running stays between the N and O of the word NORMAL. Not sure if this helps at all but any advise is appreciated

·
Registered
3,461 Posts
There are many places for oil leaks. Oil leaks on top of the engine will usually pool up in the engine valley and then drain down the rear passenger side through a passage on the top passenger side. I would start up top to see if any oil is pooling there. Also make sure it is oil and not fuel (which can look like oil from dirt and grime). Oil leaks on top can come from Turbo pedestal o-rings, Exhaust Back Pressure Valve actuator rod, High Pressure Oil Pump (HPOP) fittings and hoses (and pump itself), Injection Pressure Regulator (IPR) valve, and any of the High Pressure Oil rail ports on the top of the head surface (4 on each side, 1 being the Injection Pressure Control (ICP) Sensor on the driver's side). There are also the valvecover gaskets. If there is no oil pooling in the valley, there are the large High Pressure Oil Rail End Plugs on the ends of each head. They are about 2" in diameter, with a 1/2" square recess. Cheers!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts