Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I'm new to the forum and to Diesels. I have 2002 F250 7.3 superduty I bought 2 months ago, I notice little oil leak under the truck as a parked at gas station etc so I decided to look under the hood to see if I could locate it. The intake valley had puddles of oil front and rear, did some research and seen where it most likely would be coming from turbo Pedestal or actuator, so I decided to do the EBPV Delete kit. I took the Pedestal off but really didn't notice it leaking is there anywhere else it could be coming from.. Like what all could cause Oil in the intake valley.. Here are some pictures

·
Registered
642 Posts
Do you already have the turbo and pedestal reinstalled and still have the leak? If so, and assuming you did a good job resealing them, pretty much the only things left are the HPOP, or HPOP lines. The only way to diagnose is to clean it up and let it run, watch where it comes from

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not reinstalled yet just wanting to check out all of my options.. I'm going to rebuild the Fuel Canister also, while it's out i'm going to look at the HPOP to see if it might be leaking. I have checked while it was running and didn't see anything serious pouring or noticeable. Thank you for your response

·
Registered
71 Posts
Considering you have oil in the front of the engine valley, you have a leak either in the HPOP or the high pressure oil line.

Oil in the rear could be the o ri gs from the engine to the pedestal, pedestal to the turbo, or the exhaust back pressure actuator in the pedestal. It sounds like your are correcting all of those issues, so you are probably correcting some of the leak.

I would put the turbo back in with bellowed up pipes. Clean the valley out real well, a d put some paper towels in the front 9f the valley. Drive the truck around for a day and pull the paper towels. You should be able to see what is leaking. It is most likely the servicable plug on the HPOP. This requires removing the HPOP.

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Considering you have oil in the front of the engine valley, you have a leak either in the HPOP or the high pressure oil line.

Oil in the rear could be the o ri gs from the engine to the pedestal, pedestal to the turbo, or the exhaust back pressure actuator in the pedestal. It sounds like your are correcting all of those issues, so you are probably correcting some of the leak.

I would put the turbo back in with bellowed up pipes. Clean the valley out real well, a d put some paper towels in the front 9f the valley. Drive the truck around for a day and pull the paper towels. You should be able to see what is leaking. It is most likely the servicable plug on the HPOP. This requires removing the HPOP.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

would you change the IPR valve also?

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts