Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought an 08 F250 6.4 Powerstroke and after about a month I have oil all the way around the oil pan. Are these known to go bad? I know it uses RTV to seal instead of a gasket, but any other causes I should look for before trying to pull the motor and replace pan/sealant?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks. Will check this weekend and see if I can narrow it down. Lots of people said the dipstick goes on these once you do an egr delete, but checked and that looks good.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have a oil leak too. I look from bottom it looks like from oil pan but i traced oil from i had to check from the top. first i checked was hot side cac boot. when i see it was ok but bottom was wet with oil. i thought i was it and i don't wanna buy and i tight a bit and clean the oil on the bottom of my truck. after few days later i check the bottom oil pan it was still leaking very little. and i looked underneath the truck traced oil it was from passenger side near crank sensor. i thought and i never look at the driver side. it took about a month. I kept on look bottom of my truck. I started to look from belly of engine i see oil is from there. I thought i have to change the front main seal. but i didn't. i didn't changed a crank sensor ether. few days ago i went down the truck again. finally i found it its from the camshaft sensor seal...
i

·
Registered
17 Posts
I've heard of the base of the oil dipstick tube cracking and causing a leak. It's tough to get an eyeball on it but an extendable mirror would do the trick

1 - 6 of 6 Posts