Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Could there be any correlation between installing the 10k mod and then two days later dumping 14 quarts of oil out all of the highway? I can't exactly tell where the leak is yet until I get it all cleaned off and put some more oil in it but it looks like its coming from the seal in between the transmission in engine. Has anyone else had this issue?

·
Registered
673 Posts
What year truck?

·
Premium Member
1,208 Posts
look in the engine valley on top before you clean it. is there any oil on top? could be a turbo seal or high pressure oil pump leak , as they would drain down the back of the engine

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ya its all over the top of the motor too so that makes sense.

·
Registered
673 Posts
I'd look at the high pressure oil fitting in each head (along the top at the edge of the vallet), the high pressure lines, and at the pump outlet itself (under the fuel filter and towards the front of the engine) It sounds like a high pressure oil issue. The ICP sensor seal is a possiblity.

·
Viking Heavy Diesel
20,739 Posts
I dought its related to the 10K mod, at least I have never heard of it causing something like this!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ya it was definitely the high pressure oil pump. Of course one of the most expensive parts.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts