Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
558 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to look at and drive a 95 F350 7.3 4x4 today and while it drove great, what I discovered was something that looks like the oil pan was wet with some sort of oily fluid...I assume oil. I don't know the anatomy of this engine yet but i looked from underneath and it was just AFT of the front axle and was around where a pulley/belt comes down to the bottom of the engine. Does anyone know what I'm talking about? Perhaps a picture of a similar truck from underneath that I could point to? I didn't see any drops on the ground, this whole thing was just real wet. Thanks guys.

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
you need to find out what kind of fluid it was. it is a 14 year old diesel...remember that lol good luck

·
Registered
1,874 Posts
Could be oil but could also be fuel. Find out what kind of fluid!

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
yeah if it fuel you could try to tighten the fuel filter that might be it. what ever it is start from the TOP of the motor work down.

·
a truck
13,142 Posts
Did you check up top to see if possibly the HPOP reservoir seal is leaking? Oil pan leaking anywhere?

·
Registered
1,761 Posts
I have a 97 that leaks 2 or 3 drops a day,has for years,I just put a small piece of rug under it so it don't mess up my driveway and let it go,probaly something simple ,just don't have time to check.

·
Registered
1,304 Posts
1. locate the leak. This may take some time and a little detective work. Follow the wet spots.

2. Decide if you can live with it. I have several and for now they are tolerable. Eventually, I will have a reason to pull the engine and then I will reseal it from top to bottom.

3. If you can't live wth it, post location info and we will try to walk you through.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts