Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive got oil drippin out of my 6.0. I am pretty sure its not the main seal cause there is oil on the block above the tranny. Is it the intake gasket or are there other possibilities?:dunno:

·
International Threat
13,087 Posts
Usually not a rear main, but I'll let a more certified 6.0 guru help you out!

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
that makes me feel better cause that would be a pain in th:bottom:

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Number 7 glow plug connector can leak down to the bellhousing along with a leaking camshaft position sensor, the bedplate can also leak due to maching defects, these are just a few things to look at

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
What year is your truck? If it is an '03 and the oil is comming down from the top of the block more towards the drivers side of the bellhousing, it will almost certainly be the ICP sensor. It could also be as WEWILLE stated. "Usually" if its leaking from the rear main the oil will drop straight down the center of the bellhousing, by the inspection hole.

·
<-Day Of Fail now SOLD
3,393 Posts
Had the same problem turns out needed new cam sensor and glowplug harness.

·
<-Day Of Fail now SOLD
3,393 Posts
Had the same problem turns out needed new cam sensor and glowplug harness with gromit kit.

·
Registered
64 Posts
2003 6.0... my motor is all sealed up at this point and time, they replaced my CPS oring, Bedplate, rear cover gasket, and oil pan gaskets. good luck

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I havent located it yet due to lack of time but I can tell you that its about1/4 of a quart that leaks out during a 15 minute drive. It is all the way to the back of my exhaust its leakin so bad. Thanks for the help i am about to go check it out now.

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
what is the year of the truck?

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
It is the early 2003

·
Premium Member
9,392 Posts
I havent located it yet due to lack of time but I can tell you that its about1/4 of a quart that leaks out during a 15 minute drive. It is all the way to the back of my exhaust its leakin so bad. Thanks for the help i am about to go check it out now.
if its leaking that bad , it more than likely the icp sensor on the back of the engine , the arre bad for that

·
Registered
7 Posts
sounds like we have the same problem . were is the camshaft positioning sensor located?
Front left side of motor just above bed plate. Cam sensor o-rings typically don't leak alot of oil. So, if it's dripping or there is alot of oil at the back of the engine it's probably the icp sensor. If you remove the heat shield at the back of the engine above the trans bellhousing (3 bolts) and slide the silver protective cover back from the icp connector you can see if it's leaking from the icp sensor.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts