Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We just all of the sudden have a leak. Not a drip, it is running on the ground. Originally it seemed to be coming from the rear main seal, but upon closer inspection, it has filled the valley on top of the engine and there is oil in the air to air unit, too. Could this be a turbo? Could it be the pedestal or a line? We have 4 Powerstrokes and this is the first one to do this. Any help is appreciated!

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
not sure what air to air is, but sounds like the non-servicable plug gave way, or the fittings on the hpop, and/or the hpop lines. Try cleaning it up good, then fire motor and take a gander. Hopefully, it aint a line "waiting" to pop

·
Registered
154 Posts
Sounds like turbo leaking oil. Could be high pressure oil line..

How much oil in air to air. You should have some from the crank case vent on driver side valve cover going into air intake.

Sent from my iPhone using Autoguide

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Not a whole lot in the air to air, could be from the vent. Looks to be coming from the turbo. Pulling it off tomorrow. Thanks!

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Another thing that made me question the turbo is it wasn't smoking. I don't know about a Powerstroke, but when a Mack blew a turbo, it lost power and smoked like crazy! Is this motor different? Thanks again!

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
Ya, when you lose a psd turbo, it'll smoke like a locomotive...ask me how i know..:woot:

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I get ya Timmyboy! That's what I thought- I shut down interstate 270 in Maryland when my Mack lost one :D

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
UPDATE- The dude working on it tells me this morning that now it's leaking around the HPOP. It still runs so I don't think it's the HPOP- maybe a line from it? Help! This guy is killing me!

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts