Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Are these oil cooler lines ? Front left, driver's side, near oil pan. I removed cab 2 years ago to replace oil pan gasket. Please don't tell me I have to do that again 馃ぃ what are these lines ? How to replace ? Or YouTube link to repair. Thanks. Can I drive this 300 miles without major catastrophic loss of oil ? Or, do I lay on the frozen tundra and fix it asap
20201216_122404.jpg
20201216_122404.jpg
20201216_122404.jpg
20201216_122301.jpg

Registered
Discussion Starter #3
BTW. 5 sp man trans. It's oil. Leaves a 3" diameter puddle on pavement when parked after just a 40 mile drive. Also, looks like I have a minor power steering fluid leak somewhere. Thx Again !!!

Premium Member
Oops, had to download the pictures to see them properly. Yes, i'd suspect oil cooler.

Use dealer only O-rings and gaskets, don't ask me how I know that.

Registered
Discussion Starter #5
Thx Y'all ! Finally, hopefully, have all the leaks repaired ! This old girl is just too big for our standard size two car garage... The weather was good today. 40掳 & Sunny. No breeze. Installed a new Motorcraft fuel bowl - water separator with new silicone fuel lines this afternoon out in the driveway. The old one was leaking thru an o ring and was pretty nasty inside after 24 years. Great test drive. Plus I let her sit and idle for 30 minutes and.... not a drop nor drip anywhere ! Engine valley bone dry... We had a few nice days a month ago and I gave the engine a very good cleaning to find the leaks. She's still clean & oil & fuel free. THANKS AGAIN ! Best Forum on the net !

1 - 5 of 5 Posts