Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner
21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2,172 Posts
You got the fuel filters done with oem, that's good. The oil filters can be picked up at Walmart for $20. I don't think valvoline makes a good diesel oil.
For future reference, a good 5-40 or 15-40 "DIESEL SPECIFIC" motor oil will do you wonders. Rotella, Mobile and a few others make good oil, in the range of $18-$25 a gallon. No need to spend more than that.
Good, quality fuel is a must, that means, no am/pm-Arco fuel. Buy shell or chevron.... Safeway and Costco sell chevron, Kroger (Fred Meyer here) sells shell. Make sure the station you fill at, is a busy station, otherwise that diesel can sit and become contaminated.
You're going to have issues, so, get a good obd2 Bluetooth adapter, torque pro and forscan. The whole set up will be less than $75 and save you a lot of frustration. You run torque pro on any Android device, forscan lite can be run on Android and the full version of forscan can be run on windows (and the windows one is free). Forscan is better on windows, so if you have a laptop, skip forscan lite (the android version) because torque pro is a better monitor (forscan is a better diagnostic tool).
When things go south, ask for advice, don't just "fix ****" as that can be a waist of money.
Good luck on the truck

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Yea, it won't loose a drop, while you got the filter out you may want to replace the filter anti drainback valve in the bottom. A cheap spring loaded plastic piece. Look on YouTube.
Thanks a bunch— ordered OEM cap & oil filters from KT PERFORMANCE— only $30 for both... I’ll swing by dealer tomorrow and see about that spring thingy @ the bottom... 🤙. Thanks Yo...

·
Registered
2,172 Posts
Do you have a recommendation for a good Bluetooth adapter by chance that works e celebrate with Torque Pro? I need to check if they have an IOS version as I am Apple 100% around, but run windows on my Mac as well...
I got mine off of ebay, but no one here wants to talk about those .... As far as using torque with apple, not sure it works.... But android phones can be bought cheap, no need for service.
I believe forscan likes wifi-obd adapter.

Anyway, since you're running apple, I can't give advice as to how these apps work with your "California" equipment (jk)

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
I got mine off of ebay, but no one here wants to talk about those .... As far as using torque with apple, not sure it works.... But android phones can be bought cheap, no need for service.
I believe forscan likes wifi-obd adapter.

Anyway, since you're running apple, I can't give advice as to how these apps work with your "California" equipment (jk)
Dude—- don’t freaking remind me I am running a communist cell phone— it makes my blood curdle... I’ll do some research— and thanks for ForScan note— on Amazon now buying the OBD2 adapter...

21 - 25 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.