Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
983 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a good friend of mine thats having trouble with his 7.3..its a 99 F-350 work truck so bone stock..he noticed the oil was a little low so he topped it off and went made a few errands and when he came home he decided better check the oil level just to be sure and noticed it was down 2-3 quarts in about 40 miles so he thought strange and called his knew whom is a Caterpillar mechanic and he said must be the O rings are bad on the injectors so as they pulled everything apart they put new o rings on and change oil and also the fuel filter only to dicover the fuel filter housing is full of oil and upon further inspection the fuel tank contaminated also..so it appears the oil is leaking into the fuel system,any thoughts as to what is causing the problem?
also changing the O rings didnt change anything..
James

·
Registered
710 Posts
Sounds like the injector cups may be cracked.Thats where I have seen most oil in fuel mixing especially the 7.3.They are located under the injectors and require special tools and in some cases pulling the heads.
:dunno:

·
Premium Member
31,729 Posts
Injectors and injector cups.

·
Registered
983 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thats kinda what i was thinking,prob time for a fresh set!

also i have another that i'm having trouble with.
Truck Info: 2000 F-350 also completely stock,starts hard! it takes roughly 7-10 secs of cranking then it kinda pops off and cranks a bit more then fires right up..it always throws a little white smoke on fire up but after its running it runs great no miss or hesitation at all.. it had 2 codes(P1280 & P1670)..any ideas on that one while we're at it..

·
Registered
983 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
any ideas on the 2nd problem???

·
Registered
983 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
on the 2nd truck i mentioned we changed out the ICP and CPS sensors and everything is as it should be although be sure to use Ford OE parts or else you will have the same problem..

1 - 6 of 6 Posts