Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
iv got a 97 f350 that its getting oil in the coolant. i checked and theres not any water in the oil, just oil in the coolant and it still has good oil pressure when running. anyone got any ideas on what would cause this.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Ever have the coolant recharged or changed? Might have pitted the cylinder walls.

·
Premium Member
43 Posts
it's probably a cracked injector cup

·
Premium Member
3,578 Posts
You sure its oil and not fuel?
I second the vote for cracked injector cup.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yea im sure its oil, is there any way that i could check too see if its an injector cup or would i just have to take it to a shop?

·
Registered
5 Posts
BLACK COOLANT. IT STINKS!!!!

hey guys I have a 04 6.0 and I just bought it. Has 84000 well maintained (dealership) miles. I just came back from a 1000 mile trip pulling a 5k lb trailer. I noticed on the trip a FOUL odor. I thought I had a belt slipping, or an electrical problem. When I got home I started looking into it. I found the coolant was BLACK. Smelled like A** too. Sulfury smell maybe(?) Im thinking head gasket. Well theres no coolant in the oil.
I took it into ford dealer, there for 4 days, they cant find anything wrong with it. I flushed and flushed the coolant/radiator etc. And i cant get rid of the smell. How can you check for porosity in cylinder walls without tearing the engine down? is there something they overlooked? they checked the oil cooler too. no issues. HELP!!!! :icon_ford:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts