Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had fuel running out of my passenger side number 7 cylinder and had a #7 injector code so I replaced it with a reman one and still having the same problem tiny bit of blew smoke at idel white smoke when I hit the peddle and can no figure it out replaced vcg and gp now it's extremely hard to start unless I use starting fluid had to to get it home please help need the truck running

·
Registered
4,019 Posts
How did you know it was coming out of #7? Were the exhaust manifolds off?

Are you talking about the valve covers being off and it's leaking?

Did you do a buzz test? Is the compression good on that cylinder?

Do NOT use starting fluid on a glow plug motor.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok it's bad but it was in the middle of the road lol but yes to all and I have the fender off and I see it seeping out the manifold

·
Registered
17 Posts
Ok it's bad but it was in the middle of the road lol but yes to all and I have the fender off and I see it seeping out the manifold
Check end play on your turbo? Should wiggle slightly end play should be tiny as well. If its sliding back and forth its the oil seals thrust bearing on the turbo. Mine had a new design it was trying by running into the turbine house and occasionally the compressor house

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Is has very little end play and I ran it with both sides of the turbo open but it was coming from the up pipes not the seals

·
Registered
17 Posts
Check end play on your turbo? Should wiggle slightly end play should be tiny as well. If its sliding back and forth its the oil seals thrust bearing on the turbo. Mine had a new design it was trying by running into the turbine house and occasionally the compressor house
FYI if that much oil is running out of your exhaust manifold beware you could be looking at a runaway if you get it too hot!

·
Premium Member
3,746 Posts
Do you have compression on that cylinder?
that would also explain fuel leaking out of the manifold

1 - 8 of 8 Posts