Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
03 F-250 6.0L PSD.. Today (26 May 2012) I started my truck to move into the driveway to give a much needed bath and Jump start car for a friend of mine at the same time. While attempting to jump the car, i was looking under the hood of my truck and inspecting everything as i usually do once every couple of weeks. Just as i was about to crawl down i noticed that the oil filter canister was spewing oil. I immediately stopped what i was doing, moved the truck out of the drive and back on to the street and shut it down. I havent yet taken the oil filter cap off to check but i can only assume that the O-ring is shot. I have had this truck now for just over 4 years now and have done oil changes every 4-5000 miles(myself) and naturally i replace the O-ring that comes with the new filter. I have never had this problem before so my question is, is this common or do i have an oil pressure problem.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.