Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there any way to route a cooling line to the oil cooler and a line to the EGR cooler, and keep them separate? All while keeping proper function of both. With the general idea to eliminate the chain of events problem oil cooler clog, egr cooler rupture, heads lift. I'm just curious because if you ran them on 2 separate cooling lines from the degas bottle then the oil cooler couldn't deprive the EGR of coolant and it wouldn't flash boil. I would just like to know if this is a feasible idea.

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Registered
570 Posts
Just monitor your delta, delete the EGR, or upgrade to a BPD cooler. a clogged oil cooler is still a problem, could rupture. a BPD egr cooler will stop the chain of events, or plug the EGR cooler at both ends. What is your delta?

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Deltas are 8-10 I'm in the process of saving up for studs/ gaskets/ coolers. I was just wondering of it was possible.

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
Deltas are 8-10 I'm in the process of saving up for studs/ gaskets/ coolers. I was just wondering of it was possible.

Add a coolant filter.

You still using ford gold?

Sent from my Motorola Electrify using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
WWW.COMPIGNTECH.COM
8,777 Posts
No it's not possible as the oil cooler gets it's coolant via a passage in the block from underneath the oil cooler housing. It's than routed through the oil cooler and then into the egr cooler.

·
Registered
570 Posts
8-10 is still ok, run a coolant filter, do not flush until just before you are going to do the oil cooler,drain and refill with fresh Ford gold and drive it. Check your delta [email protected] on flat ground, it will climb under load and or at greater speed.If you flush and change to ELC now, your delta may get worse, you oil cooler is also an unintentional Ford coolant filter, and any debris loosened by flushing will find a new home there!

·
Registered
23 Posts
No it's not possible as the oil cooler gets it's coolant via a passage in the block from underneath the oil cooler housing. It's than routed through the oil cooler and then into the egr cooler.
This made me think it is possible. If you buy the IPR oil cooler relocation product (I forget the official name) you would then be able to reroute as desired. I.E. direct from oil cooler to ? and then from degas to EGR Cooler.

Not sure it would be worth it. But I think it would be easily feasible in that situation.

·
Premium Member
9,154 Posts
This made me think it is possible. If you buy the IPR oil cooler relocation product (I forget the official name) you would then be able to reroute as desired. I.E. direct from oil cooler to ? and then from degas to EGR Cooler.

Not sure it would be worth it. But I think it would be easily feasible in that situation.
If you use the IPR oil relocation, you would need to buy a external air/liquid or liquid/liquid heat exchanger.

Then the issue is with aftermarket heat exchangers is getting the proper amount of oil flow/psi thru the aftermarket heat exchanger and oil filtration to support the demands of the 6.0.

Sent from my iPhone using Autoguide

·
WWW.COMPIGNTECH.COM
8,777 Posts
If you buy IPR's oil cooler relocation kit it relocates their high flow coolant filter inline before the oil cooler inlet allowing 100% of the coolant to be filter before entering the oil cooler therefore alleviating the need to run the egr cooler and oil cooler on seperate lines.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts