Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
827 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:doh:My trucks oil dipstick is almost impossible to put back in. I have to use two hands to shove it back in...sounds like rape, but yes I have to rape the dipstick tube to get it to go back in. lol It just gets stuck going down. wow lol makes it way to hard to check the oil. is the dipstick tube hard to replace? Where can I buy a new one?? Thanks guys.

·
Registered
405 Posts
I bent the tube once while working on something in the engine compartment, which made it impossible to put back in. I simply bent the tube back to what I think it was supposed to be and that solved my problem.

·
Registered
827 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I bent the tube once while working on something in the engine compartment, which made it impossible to put back in. I simply bent the tube back to what I think it was supposed to be and that solved my problem.
ill have to take a closer look at it...but it looks like its not bent or anything. It has rust on the outside and Im wondering if it is bubbling on the inside of the tube and that is what is making it catch when I try to put it back

·
Banned
4,240 Posts
I broke the plastic handle off my origional dipstick shoving it back in. (Over time.)

I ended up replacing it with the new replacement one. Cost $25 on ebay if I remember correctly. Much skinnier and goes in much easier. :thumb:

That's what she said...
:look:

·
Registered
827 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
haha ok maybe ill have to do that then...smaller and more skinny...that never a good thing haha
:hehe:

·
Registered
45 Posts
first off rape the dipstick best one ive heard in a while on here lol but I have the same problem guess ill go with skinnier and smaller :(

·
Registered
827 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I stopped by my dealer today and picked the whole dipstick tube for $44. Def seems worth it, looks to be built really solid. The kicker was that the little o ring at the bottom of the tube was I $5 bucks! lol for a tiny rubber o ring! after I told them what i thought he knocked it down to $3.00 haha so with tax it was like 50 bucks, but worth it to me cuz I like to be able to check the oil quick and easy every couple days...:nod:

·
Electrical Ogre
12,276 Posts
I broke the plastic handle off my origional dipstick shoving it back in. (Over time.)

I ended up replacing it with the new replacement one. Cost $25 on ebay if I remember correctly. Much skinnier and goes in much easier. :thumb:

That's what she said...
:look:
I noticed the same thing when I bought one at the dealer. Narrower with a revised part number. Works better now :thumb:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts