Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
645 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I have a problem. I just put new o rings in my oil cooler. It seems to be dripping still from the back side. I noticed the alignment tab is off, so the cooler must have spun when I was adjusting the front and lining that up. I am assuming I need to get that end on farther. So my question is can I get the tube to spin under the truck and some how beat the cap on farther without removing the cooler again? Thanks

·
Registered
159 Posts
I know you do not want to hear this but. You could have also put a mark on the O ring so it maybe a good idea to remove and take apart to see if that happened. Then fix to the correct placing before reinstalling. Now I could be wrong here as I had a friend do mine and live in the rust state. He did say it was not fun to get off. So not sure on this but it would be better to be safe than sorry and check it out fully as well.

·
Registered
8,489 Posts
take it off and inspect/replace the o rings. Please say you used motorcraft not off brand from NAPA, ORIELY, Autozon etc? You don't want to deal with it failing after a while and A-leaking all over and or B-mixing oil/coolant and having to replace all the coolant hoses, trying to clean oil out of the coolant system etc.

·
Registered
645 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I used the dorman o rings. I didnt think it was too bad to get off. Especially now that the bolts are broke free it would go quick. Getting it back on was another story. I fought the front for awhile. So consensus is that I should get motorcraft o rings? The dorman fit well.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
159 Posts
So the other question is this. Is there a mark on O ring or do you see anything that could have caused the leak? When I do that I use oil or vaseline to lube them so leaks do not happen. You did lube them correct?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts